DO you hold the door for the person behind you?

I always do but there are some people who just litterrally slip though while its closing knowing there's someone else behind them.

Favorite Answer

Yes, but personally it's a pet peeve of mine to have anyone that I do not know hold the door open for me

I do but i notice a lot of people don't.

While I was waiting for my mother in my car by a department store I observed a young lady opening the door for herself and right behind her came a elderly woman who thought she would hold the door open but she didn't although it looked like she might have wanted to then changed her mind. The elderly woman banged right into the door. The young lady just walked on not knowing what she did. A young man saw this and came to the elderly woman's aid and helped her through the door and made sure she was okay.

Usually

Even if I am behind the person I got to open the door and my friends find it really funny so they now make a game of it to get to the door before me and make me go through first...

I know I do..it's always polite too even if it's a large group of people I still hold the door.

Yes I hold the door. But I will let it go if they are walking extra slow like I have all day to wait.

Yeah I always hold the door. Its a nice thing to do

I always do and it is a nice thing to the especialy when they are handy capped and it had for them to open the door.

Yeah but I can't always wait for the slow pokes.

Source(s): 24/7
  • Always and I hate it when the person does not even say thank you!