Putin vs. General Party Secretary?

If you comapre Vladimir Putin to other Soviet General Secretaries. Who is most like him? Is it Lenin, Stalin, Malenkov, Khruschev, Brezhnev, Adropov, Chernenko, and Gorbachev.

If non of these people qualifies. Name other Communist dictator like Erich Honecker of East Germany.

I need it because I'm doing a presentation about Post Coldwar World and I'm making a point that Putin is like any other communist dictator.

Remember to prove your answer

• Bleh!
    Favorite Answer

lately I would have to say Hillary with her control of the media questions and the like.

• archy

It would seem he resembles Brezhnev. Brezhnev wanted to retain power for as long as he could. Brezhnev at first renounced Stalin but as he continued his administration he was eventually behaving a bit like Stalin and even saying positive things about Stalin when most of his opponents denounced Stalin. In the same manner Putin renounces the Soviet Union but he's increasingly acting more like a Secretar General. Putin is limiting freedoms of the press and media in a similar way that Brezhnev was limiting the liberties that Czhechoslovakia attempted to gain in the late 60's. Putin also has the problem of stagnation of the economy that Brezhnev had during the 1970's.

Source(s): wikipedia