Completely EXHAUSTED! Pregnancy sign?

For the past week I am completely exhausted, it has been sudden. I just want to sleep all day and my concentration at work is non-existent. We were not trying to conceive, but I am not on any bc either. AF would have been due about now. Did anyone have this as a first pregnancy sign? Thanks!

Favorite Answer

Yes, fatigue is one of the earliest signs of pregnancy, however, many other factors can cause fatigue. Before I knew I was pregnant with my son, I felt like I needed to take naps on my lunchbreak at work, and I never take naps. I also felt butterflies in my stomach when I was riding in the car, and I NEVER get motion sick. I didn't have any other early pregnancy signs until I was about 8-9 weeks, including breast tenderness or morning sickness. Try taking a pregnancy test.

There are many pregnancy signs and loss of concentration and sleepiness is one of them take a pregnancy test or a blood test some times anemia can also cause exhaustion , may be you are just working to hard and thinking to much if you are or not pregnant just take the test and relax.

This could be a sign. My first was nausea and the extreme fatigue came at about 6 weeks. The other thing it could be is you are lacking iron in your diet and you may be a little anemic! If the pregnancy test is negative I might consider going to the MD or trying to take a iron supplement to see if that helps. The extreme fatigue will also affect your attention span and memory.

Yes, that was one of my first signs. I could not get out of bed in the mornings - still can not.

The other signs I had were heart palpitations and some mild morning sickness. This was all before my period was due. I also took two home pregnancy tests before it due and got positives.

Yes it was definitely my first sign, and I took a test about a week and a half after my missed period and I am 6 weeks pregnant now.

Lots of women find that is the first sign. Also thinking they started and it is just discharge.