••• Can you write an amusing little story tht includes 6 of these phrases?

1. Button it up, pal. Nobody likes a whiner!

2. Oooooh.....That would explain the ________.

3. Uh huh. Uh huh....... GAWD!! This is exciting.

4. The inner circle of confusion.

5. I think I just broke my foot.

6. In the event of an emergency, I would appreciate being left out of the loop!

7. I'd love a Whiskey sour but I'll settle for an Ensure.

8. I think my guardian angel may be a bit deranged.

9. Ahhhh....The plot thickens.

10. The Mother Ship of USELESSNESS is lurking nearby.

• TexMel
    Favorite Answer

"I think my guardian angel may be a bit deranged," I croaked as my Trans-Am flew off the bridge and landed with a sickening thud on a garbage scow in the East River below.

"Oooooh...That would explain the glow-in-the-dark Jesus on your dashboard", giggled my slightly ditzy companion. "I think I just broke my foot", she added, almost as an afterthought. That was somewhat of an understatement since her right foot was at a 45 degree angle to her leg.

My mind was reeling, and for a moment I forgot that I was a gentleman and she was a lady. "Button it up, pal. Nobody likes a whiner!", I spewed at her in a most unchivalrous manner. I was trapped in an inner circle of selfishness. The inner circle of confusion. The inner circle of booze and fast living.

I grappled for the bottle I kept under the seat. Where was it, dammit! Ah...there it was. I offered her a drink, but she shook her head "no". She was fading fast from shock and the fact that she hadn't eaten anything except a potato chip since yesterday morning when we started our binge.

"I'd love a Whiskey sour but I'll settle for an Ensure", she whispered as she passed out on the floor.

• frodo

“I think I just broke my foot when I was dancing with the stars.” said I.

“Button it up, pal. Nobody likes a whiner!” said he angrily, watching me limp but too busy to call 911 because he didn't want to start another 9-11 event.

“In the event of an emergency, I would appreciate being left out of the loop!” said the blonde, keeping a wary eye on him while bending over to straighten her stockings.

“Ahhhh...The plot thickens.” someone in the audience said audibly watching the blonde actress.

“Uh huh. Uh huh....GAWD!!! This is exciting” said the critic in the balcony who was watching the audience reactions.

“I’d love a Whisky sour but I’ll settle for an Ensure.” said the crusty old playwright who was watching the critic.