how to open .bin files in linux (ubuntu) ??
can anyone knows about it as i have download real player and its in bin format.
(reward for best answer)
as a beginner i dont know ant prog or command
i dont know wat to do in terminal or how to open the dir in terminal :(
- 1 decade agoBest Answer
Ensure you trust the source of the file. The following procedure will allow the bin file to make any changes it wants to make to your system.
- Save the bin file to your home folder.
- Click Applications, Accessories, Terminal.
- Press ENTER after each command below.
- To make the BIN file executable: In the terminal, type the command:
chmod 755 NameOfBinFile.bin
- To run the file and install RealPlayer type the command:
- Follow the on screen prompts.Source(s): 10+ years administering Linux based systems. 7+ years supporting and administering Debian dpkg based systems. 1+ years running various Ubuntu versions
- EthelLv 44 years ago
For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axcfk
It's best to use the repos and package managers to install software in linux try this in a terminal: sudo apt-get install acroread If you are really set on installing the bin file do this in a terminal: cd to where the file is located chmod +x AdbeRdr9.3.4-1_i486linux_enu.bin ./AdbeRdr9.3.4-1_i486linux_enu.bin (both of the above commands end with: .bin) You will not be able to get a free license for Adobe Pro Just go to google and search linux pdf viewers/editors and try some of them out.
- SusanLv 44 years ago
All you have to do is go to Applications > Ubuntu Software Center and do a search for "adobe reader." This is like an app-store for Ubuntu. Everything installs automatically. There is actually a program already installed for reading PDFs, which will open automatically.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
1. Download the Realplayer .bin file from http://www.real.com/linux
2. Ensure that the .bin file you downloaded is executable. You can make the .bin file executable by running the "chmod a+x RealPlayer10GOLD.bin" command from a terminal window.
3. Run the .bin file by typing "./RealPlayer10GOLD.bin". Follow the prompts provided to finish installing the player.
4. When you launch the player for the first time, a set-up assistant will take you through configuring your player.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
You'll need an ISO program that runs on ubuntu. I BELIEVE (don't quote me on this though) that PowerISO runs on linux. It will be able to open the .bin file for you and allow you to extract and install your real player.
- 3 years ago
Change the permission of the file you downloaded to be executable. Type the following command:
$ chmod +x file.bin
Start the installation process or run .bin file. Type the following command: