Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

Having someone come watch kitties while away.?

I am going away for a week and I am going to have some one come by and feed my cats, clean litter box, and play with them everyday at least twice a day for a week. Will this affect them? Not having me around for a week.....

Favorite Answer

cats r very sentitive and will notice u r not arround. as long as the person coming to help is not a me person in general and takes their time with them...earns their trust.. it should be fine. i have two very spoiled rotten male kitties. they adore the attention our guests give them..but over all. thay still prepfer their parents (me and my husband). i'm sure u chose wisely and the person will get along great. :) have a good vacation!

They have each other and will get along fine. It would be different if you left them alone the whole time. I cat sat for 4 1/2 weeks while these people went to China. I was able to actually stay there for 3 1/2 weeks but the last week I only came in twice a day. Chaz was just fine.

All cats are different. I visit cats a lot for friends. I go once a day and hang out for about an hour, and play and brush them and do all the other stuff. They will really miss you, but they will be so happy when you get home.

My neighbor has three cats. She was in Ireland for three weeks and someone came in twice a day to check/play with the cats. They did just fine but they sure were happy to see her again!

hi i look after my childrens cats and houses for them when they are away, i usually go down three times a day, there cats are always happy to see me, i leave the tele on for them, i think they miss the noise and chatter, i also keep them in, i worry if they are out and im a mile away, they settle with the change of routine very quickly, i must admit they are always happy when mum and dad are back, but i think they also enjoy nanny looking after them cause i spoil them a bit more than thier mummy and daddy, your cats will be fine i think its important that your cats know the person looking after them and know her/his voice and smell, and that this is a special week for them treats are always a good thing for your freind to take to your house, and when u come home bring treats and pressies your cats.

No -- they'll be fine. That's the good thing about cats. They adapt well -- which is why if you are a working family, away from home a lot it's better to have a cat than a dog. Dogs need more company around all the time.

Should be fine. Cats are pretty independent creatures, and play with anyone if they're not shy. My cat is shy and not well socialized.

Your kitties will be happy their mom thought of them in that way!

• Domino

You have someone taking care of them. They are together. They should be fine. Just give them attention when you get back. Thank you for being a responsible pet owner and caring though. Enjoy your week away.

My cat gets really angry and depressed when my sister sleeps over at her friends house for even 1 night, if your cats love you then yes it will affect them, that being said you can't let your cats run your life lol hopefully they will get over it and maybe even enjoy being played with by your cat sitter.

We have had a pet sitter come in for 10 yrs. They get along just fine. A coupla of them are always alittle mad when we return,but they get over it quickly. Just make sure the person is reliable and loves your kids as much as you.