Waking up with dry throat/stuffy nose?

The last few days, I've been waking up with the very back of my mouth/throat really dry, to the point where it hurts to swallow something cuz its so dry, but it goes away minutes after waking up cuz I drink something. And ive also been waking up with a stuffy nose too. Whats going on? could it just be the colder weather? Or what about allergies? Because my dog sleeps on the couch with me too

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

if you are stuffed up, then you are sleeping with your mouth open - THAT is what causes it to be so dry (and hurt). You could try taking a tsp. of honey before bed - that might work to coat your throat?

You don't get a stuffy nose from the cold weather - could be allergies or just a cold.. could be dust - maybe wash everything and see if that helps.

• 1 decade ago

Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. You seem to be dehydrated. And when you wake up with a stuffy nose it means the weather has change you could be allergic to dust. So your body reacts to that. Just do a nasal irrigation if you want. It will clean out your nose.

Source(s): Personal Experience
  • 1 decade ago

It is because the weather is cold and dry. That's all :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.