Waking up with dry throat/stuffy nose?

The last few days, I've been waking up with the very back of my mouth/throat really dry, to the point where it hurts to swallow something cuz its so dry, but it goes away minutes after waking up cuz I drink something. And ive also been waking up with a stuffy nose too. Whats going on? could it just be the colder weather? Or what about allergies? Because my dog sleeps on the couch with me too

Favorite Answer

if you are stuffed up, then you are sleeping with your mouth open - THAT is what causes it to be so dry (and hurt). You could try taking a tsp. of honey before bed - that might work to coat your throat?

You don't get a stuffy nose from the cold weather - could be allergies or just a cold.. could be dust - maybe wash everything and see if that helps.

Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. You seem to be dehydrated. And when you wake up with a stuffy nose it means the weather has change you could be allergic to dust. So your body reacts to that. Just do a nasal irrigation if you want. It will clean out your nose.

Source(s): Personal Experience

It is because the weather is cold and dry. That's all :)