Superman, aliens, elves, and God?

Which of these are you certain exist?

Which are you uncertain about?

Which are you certain do not exist?

aliens meaning extraterrestial life.

Favorite Answer

All exist in the imagination of some, but I think the only ones that are likely to exist in reality are aliens (although I know it means the same, I prefer "lifeforms on planets other than ours"). Superman, elves and God's existence are pretty equally unlikely.

Superman, aliens and elves: Uncertain

God: Certain he does not exist

I'm not certain about any of them. I think some (aliens) are more likely than others (Superman, elves, God)

1) Aliens

2) Elves

3) Superman and God

Elves do exist. I saw one just the other day. They have immunity to sleep and -2 to constitution but +2 to Dexterity

Certainty is elusive.

Philosophically, some would say that it is impossible for us to be certain of anything for absolute certainity would require that we be God, in other words: all knowing, the source of existence itself and in full posession of the entirety of our being (in other words existing outside of time).

Because we are human and our intellect is limited, we cannot have absolute certainty. What realists believe is that we can have sufficient reason to believe what we believe. For things which exist in this universe, physical evidence would, I think, apply as sufficient reason. Have we any reason or evidence to suppose that elves or aliens as of yet exist? no.

For that which exists outside of this universe (God) physical evidence will not suffice but perhaps metaphysical evidence (unmoved mover argument) and other reasons will (argument from conscience, design, argument from freedom, existence of the soul, they mystery of consciousness and "selfness," argument from man's inherant nature to believe in the spiritual, the fact this universe had a beginning, beauty, truth, goodness, miracles, witness of the apostles (if one is christian) etc. etc. etc.)

I personally think there are good reasons to believe in God, but I cannot be and am not certain about God's existence or any other knowledge (perhaps the cogito). I am not absolutely, 100% certain about YOUR existence, but that does not mean I do not have good reason to believe you do, in fact, exist.

Only aliens. I don't believe that they are abducting our cattle, but there is an overwhelming probability that at least simple single celled life exists on many other planets.

I'm only sure about aliens, but just the border crossing kind.

Additional Details:

Well OK, I'm not sure they do or don't exist, but they are nothing like what we have imagined and might not be sentient if they do.

There is proof for aliens and God...only the arrogant will deny their existence...

Superman is the creation of two Jewish guys, and elves are the stuff of folklore, like trolls...

• Superman - fictional superhero

Aliens - life elsewhere in the vastness of everything else is possible

Elves - fictional creatures

God - Yet another deity on a long list of deities created over the span of human history. FICTIONAL.

I'm uncertain about aliens.