What is the difference between getting a manicure and getting types with ariclic or gel?

That's all I really want to know. I always wondered. And how long does a manicure last?

Favorite Answer

A manicure just trims your cuticles, shapes the nails and polishes. Sometimes they give you a hand massage. It doesn't last very long. Maybe 1-2 weeks.

Acrylic nails are plastic tips glued to your nails to make them longer. They then brush on liquid acrylic and shape the nails to look natural, and polish. They stay on a long time, but when they grow out you have to have them filled in. Usually in 2-3 weeks. Also, acrylic nails damage your real nails. They look nice, though, and are sturdy.

Gel nails are the same as acrylic, but they put another, smooth layer over the acrylic, which is "Set" under a UV light.

These are crystal clear and can be worn with or without polish. They are even stronger than acrylic nails, too. But they are usually more expensive and the fill-in take longer.

Hope this helps.

A manicure just means having your nails filed and painted... lasts about a week. Acrylic nails last longer .. about two weeks or longer, and the polish stays on much better. I have a French manicure every three weeks. But rather than the bright white tips, I ask for silver tips instead for a more professional look.

a manicure is just cutting or pushing your cuticles back and painting/ filing your nails. Acrylic and gel are glued on to your nails so the paint stays on longer and nails dont break easily.

a manicure is usually just having your fingures painted

gel and acrilics are usually down with types of glue to make it stick