How can i lose belly fat quickly but safely?
I would like to lose atleast 10-20 pounds and its just my stomach area that has the most weight.
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
eat 6-8 small meals a day then exercise 30 min a day! trust me it will work
- 1 decade ago
You cannot reduce fat from a certain targeted area of your body just by using exercise alone. The abdominal area is no exception.
So, if you want to get a flat stomach and reveal your abs, losing the fat covering them is the way to go.
The only way to do this is to lose fat proportionately from your entire body by burning more calories than you consume.
How? By doing these two things:
1) Have a healthy and balanced permanent diet: dark green vegetables, fresh fruits, whole wheat and whole grain products, non-fat dairy products, fish, poultry breast, lean red meat, egg white.
You should cut out all sugar, soda, non-whole grain products and saturated fats: These aliments should only be a reward for achieving a goal, not a habit!
2) Start exercising
Aerobic and weight training will raise your metabolic rate. In result, your body will burn more calories.
* aerobic exercising
3 times per week, conduct an exercise that keeps your heart rate elevated for at least 30-45 minutes (ex: walking, running, cycling, swimming, aerobics)
* weight training
Alternate days of aerobics with weight training. You will build muscles that will burn more calories, even when at rest!
Check out following web site for more ideas about effective exercise for weight loss and abs
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Here are a few tips:
1. You MUST exercise if you want to lose weight and keep it off, so do something every day, even if it’s just a 15-minute walk around the neighborhood. Don’t say you don’t have time for exercise; you have to MAKE time. Yes, it takes time and effort, but you’re worth it, right?
2. Walk as much as you want, but don’t do cardio for more than 40 minutes at a time. If you do, you risk burning muscle instead of fat.
3. If you do strength training, use light weights and do lots of repetitions. That’ll really help you “tone up.”
4. Your diet will make you or break you. You have probably learned bad eating habits over time (most people do). That’s not your fault, but now you have to deal with it. Make a commitment to yourself to unlearn those bad habits and re-learn better habits.
5. Eat breakfast every day within an hour of getting up. People who don’t are 450% more likely to be overweight.
6. Eat six small meals or snacks per day instead of three squares per day or one big meal per day. Your body expends energy digesting your food, so eating smaller portions more often keeps your metabolism running high because you’re constantly digesting food.
7. Avoid these as much as possible:
-- Trans fat (any type of partially or fully hydrogenated oil)
-- High fructose corn syrup (soft drinks are LOADED with it)
-- Fast food
-- Junk food
-- White sugar, white flour, white rice, white potatoes
-- The deadly C’s (cookies, cakes, candy, chips, cola)
8. Build your diet around these trim-body-friendly foods:
-- Nuts, any kind (almonds are best)
-- Fresh vegetables (green is GREAT!!!)
-- Dairy products (as long as they’re low-fat or non-fat)
-- Lean meats (fish and poultry top the list)
-- Olive oil
-- Whole grain breads/cereals/pasta
-- Fresh fruits (anything that ends in “berry” is a winner)
-- Tea (green tea or black pekoe tea)
-- Cold water or ice water (your body has to expend extra calories to heat it up)
9. Desserts and treats are the exception, not the rule. Having said that, however, (1) you can have a couple of pieces of chocolate every day – just don’t overdo, and (2) Allow yourself one “cheat meal” every week where you eat and drink whatever you want as long as you don’t gorge yourself. That’ll help keep you from feeling deprived and it’ll make it easier to stick with your new healthy eating plan.
- deYoungLv 41 decade ago
Even though it looks like it's just your stomach that's holding the most weight, you need to work out your entire body.
There is no such thing as spot reducing.
Cardio, mixed with weight training on alternate days will help you with this.
You want to strengthen your core muscles (back and abdominal muscles) and this will make your tummy flat. But more muscle mass burns more fat, so just do work-outs for your entire body and you will be happy with the results.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
You should try weight watchers. I did and lost like 30 pounds in two months, unfortunately it was all in my boobs. But you cant choose the place you want to lose weight from in your body. The last place you gained weight in is the place your going to lose it from. If you want to tone up your belly then try some crunches with a twist in them. Just start out by doing how ever many you can until you start to feel it in your stomache then little by little try and push your limit and do like 5 more.
- Anonymous5 years ago
I've lost 5 kilos in my first week. It's my 10th day and I have included salad with some protein (eg. egg/ lean chicken) as you suggested. After 4 years of trying, the fat is finally coming off. It truly feels like magic!
Get started today!Source(s): https://bitly.im/aNuFm
- Anonymous1 decade ago
StairMaster is the best way to loose tummy fat because you're moving your lower body.
Running is great because that works your entire lower body.
After your workout, drink 2 glasses of filtered skim milk.
Drinking milk after a workout builds lean, solid, firm, healthy muscle tone fast.
Eat whole wheat and whole grain carbohydrates, about 3 servings a day. Eat fruit such as red delicious apples, peaches, pears, plums, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, red currants, black currants, gooseberries, green grapes, pineapples, mangoes, passionfruit, canteloupe, honeydew melon, oranges, grapefruit, limes, lemons, mandarins, pomagrenates, and cherries, eat vegetables such as potatoes with the skin on, yams with the skin on, be sure to wash the skin of the potatoes, and yams with antibacterial dishwashing detergent before baking because you'll be eating the potatoes and yams with the skin on, baby carrots, baby spinach, dandelion leaves, swiss chard, bell peppers, snowpeas, balsam apple, tomatoes( sure to eat the seeds as well ), and raddichio.
Eat low fat diary products such as low fat yogurt, low fat cheese, such as mozzeralla, extra old cheddar, and Jarleberg Norwegian Light Swiss cheese, and filtered skim milk.
Eat lean red meat, lean poultry, and fish such as halibut, and haddock.
Drink filtered skim milk, grapefruit juice not from concentrate, and lots of water.
- 4 years ago
schedule meetings to take place in far off conference rooms
- PerryLv 54 years ago
skip the soda
- 5 years ago
Consume honey before bed because consumption of honey may help to burn more fat during those early hours of sleep