Is threatening eternal damnation more or less harsh than a death threat?

25 Answers

Relevance
  • ABB
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't believe in eternal damnation, so it's not much of a threat to me. However, I find the delight with which people say it a little disturbing.

Also very disturbing are people who think that to threaten eternal damnation is "an act of love" ... they are seriously disturbed individuals.

• Tim N
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

On the surface it would appear less threatening because lets face it, who is expecting to die now. A death threat on the other hand is imminent and scary now. People are now creatures. We worry about this point in time. If you scratch off the paint however you will find that eternal damnation is much worse than a physical death now. If you put eternal damnation on a scale and try to balance it with physical death 5 minutes from now, Eternal damnation will weigh much heavier.

• 1 decade ago

I don't know. If you were doing something that was going to harm you wouldn't you consider it immoral if a person didn't warn you if they were privy to that knowledge? The person preaching damnation probably isn't interested in speeding up the process of getting you there. Whereas a person threatning actual death does. The motavations of the two are completely different. One serves as a warning hoping that you will change whereas the other doesn't care about your well being and has only self-interest in mind. Remeber Jesus (more than any other character in the Bible) talked about hell and warned people about the very real possibility of going there unless there is a change of direction in your life. Would you accuse Chirst of being unloving because he said this?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It depends on who is doing the theatening. If the Lord our God is speaking to you about eternal damnation then that is a lot worse than any human death threat since this world is only temporary but your eternal spirit is forever.

Why would you ask if someone likes Christianity? Loving Lord Jesus Christ isn't about religion, it's simply loving Him and living under His grace and love. How can you not love a father that loves you unconditionally and without limit. He wants better for you than any human - now and forever.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

far less. No human being has the power to dam you eternally. So it is not a threat at all. A threat can only exist if the one issuing it has the ability to carry it out.

"Im going to destroy the world!" LMAO. Some threat!

A threat against someone's life is much more serious, since it is feasible they could carry it out.

But many people do have the power to kill you. That is a real threat.

I believe that, tucked away in your question, is a strong disdain for Christianity. Do you like Christianity?

• 1 decade ago

A death threat has the ability to be carried out.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A death threat can lead to death.....

Threatening eternal damnation is referring to a fairy tale with no consequences.

• 1 decade ago

No, don't treat it as a death threat. Most people misunderstood so many things in life. They taught following the Laws of the Most High Yahweh is an obligation. Well, they are not followed as an obligation, rather, we should follow it because we love the Most High.

However, it must be a reminder for us to try our best to follow the law - a PRE REQUISITE to have GRACE which were the fruits of Yahushua's sacrifice. It is a sealed covenant of love by his own blood.

Most people cannot decipher that Yahweh created good and evil on earth in order to know his true servant and people. How would we notice the white color if there's no dark background? Do not believe that we don't have to follow the law for it was already nailed on the cross. Paul said, how would he know his sins without the law. Thus, live with the laws in our heart. It is a covenant of our love with Yahweh our creator. He is testing us on earth because he doesn't want to repeat what happened to Lucifer who was from heaven but still have a choice to follow his own will which took him out from heaven. Yahweh doesn't servants to be like robots. He want a servant that follows him by choice and with sincerity of love in heart. Every time we make a choice think of his laws and our creator. He has a right to know for he is Yahweh our father - our creator that he gave his son Yahushua to seal the covenant of love and protect people by his GRACE. If we think that we do not have to follow the laws of Yahweh inside our heart, think again, what's our difference from Lucifer if we live without laws of Yahweh - the Torah which he taught to protects us from death. Death means damnation - Hell and Lake of Fire. Hell is a waiting area for wicked people till white throne judgment, which is after the Millennium reign of Yahweh throught his son Yahushua on earth. AFter it, the final destination Lake of Fire, where the wicked will be judge and be put on that fire 'till extinction of the soul.

Repent and follow the ways of Yahushua - be a Torah follower to understand the true meaning of Yahweh's word - The Scripture. We have a choice but make sure our choice is in accordance to the will of our creator. He loves us that's why HE is teaching us how to love with sincerity so that when we die we don't have difficulties in following his laws in heaven.

Source(s): The Holy Spirit of Yahweh
  • 1 decade ago

I don't take it as a threat at all. If I made a pot of chilli and you go racing towards it and I tell you that you are going to get burned, I'm not threatening you I'm stating the truth. If you don't believe in an afterlife that is your choice, but why get so upset about it then?

• RT 66
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I think I'd rather just be dead than suffer eternal damnation.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.