If I purchase a Sony laptop at the SONY store in California, will any Sony store worldwide take it in?

If I purchase a laptop from a Sony store in California, will any Sony store worldwide take care of it in case something breaks? I move a lot, And I can be in London or Tokyo next months so does anyone knows how it really works. Would I have to bring it back to CA ?? Or is the warranty international??

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Bjorn
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I believe the warranty only applies in the country you purchased the item, unless you buy a seperate warranty, but I have been known to be wrong in the past.

I would suggest reading the warranty terms and conditions for that particular item to find out for sure.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Almost all warranties are for the country you purchase it in. You can buy an international warranty but for the cost you are better off saving the money and paying for any repair you may need with that. Most likely will not need an expensive repair if any.

• 1 decade ago

It would be fine at a sony store anywhere, but remember to have your receipt and any additional information to tie yourself to the laptop, including maybe the warranty info.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

read the fine print.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.