If you are divorced, was it his fault, her fault, or both?

be honest!

Favorite Answer

it's never just one persons fault that a marriage ends. If people are honest with themselves and take a hard look at why the marriage ended they will see that both parties share in the fault

In my case it was his fault. He never grew up. Before we had kids everything was fine. After the first child he complained that I spent too much time with her! I worked a full time job took care of the house, the baby and him!!! He didn't lift a finger at home. After the second child I was diagnosed with cancer. I went through surgery, chemo, radiation and reconstruction by myself!!! He never went with me ONCE!! And I still took care of the house and the kids. When the kids were older, he started leaving the house at two and three in the morning (making sure I knew he was going out!!) and he was doing drugs. Then our oldest daughter had three knee surgeries. He never went to the hospital or took her to rehab (two and a half years worth). So I decided to leave his sorry *** and filed for divorce. When we went to court, his family members were there to testify against me even though I had confided in them and asked them to help get him into a program for drug rehab and marriage counseling. In hindsight I did everything I could to repair my marriage. SO IT IS HIS FAULT!!!!

Source(s): He was engaged to be married shortly after our divorce was final, but she called it off about a month later. So I guess he still hasn't grown up!!! (He's 51 years old!!!)

As much as I would like to say it was both our faults, it was his. You can only take living with an abusive alcoholic who refuses to get help for so long.

I divorced my ex because he cheated on me with men and women but was preferable gay.------------don't see how I could be at fault with that. Now he is some other wife's problem and I am happily married to someone else.

Her fault. She couldnt keep her pants on so I come home to find her in bed with someone else. If she had needs that were not being met, she should have talked to me about it first.

There is always some part that both play in a divorce...but usually it is one spouse that plays the larger role in the cause.

• Kat G

I am not divorced but, I know people who are. I see it as no one wins but the lawyers. So what is the point of laying blame?

Both because you picked each other. That means you have a part in the outcome.

His~ cheated, abused(physical/emotional), alcoholic, drug abuser.

Mine~ Not recognizing this behavior sooner.

Source(s): remarried 13 years

usually both but it kinda depends on why you gut divorced......