How many times a day should you give your baby cereal?

• daa
    Favorite Answer

I never gave my baby cereal at all. Or baby food, for that matter. Just mashed up fruits and veggies at first, then small pieces of whatever was on my plate.

I would only give cereal once a day. They dont need to eat cereal all day. Cereal is a breakfast food. If your baby is old enough to try other foods, than give other foods.

Most babies are ready to start eating solid foods between 4 and 6 months of age. The first solid food is usually iron-fortified baby cereal because it is nutritious and gives your baby good practice eating from a spoon. It’s good to start with rice cereal, then oatmeal and barley cereals; and try wheat and mixed cereals later since they can cause allergies.

When you start baby cereal, you might try it once a day at first, then progress to twice a day, and finally three times a day. Three meals a day will help provide your baby the added nutrition he/she needs to grow. And getting your baby on the family’s meal schedule helps him/her learn to enjoy the social aspect of eating together.

Once your baby eats cereal well from the spoon, you can start feeding him/her fruits and vegetables. Give your baby his/her fruits and vegetables at the same three meals with his/her cereal. This starts providing him/her a nutritional balance (i.e., cereals for energy and iron; fruits and vegetables for fiber and vitamins) and helps him/her get used to different colors, tastes and textures of food at each meal.

Source(s): The Aunt of 17 neices and nephew, Godmother of 5, and raised every last one of them.

Depending on the age of the child. I started with a little at bedtime feeding and then added a little for breakfast. The cereal keeps them fuller longer, so it is good for night time.

it depends on how old your baby is. if your baby is between 4-6 mon. old and you are just starting with cereal, start with a small ammt. once a day. depending on how your baby is doing with it,you can slowly go up to 3 times a day.

i only ever gave it to my kids for breakfast because cereal is a breakfast food. They can eat a lot of other things that are filling throughout the day on top of their regular formula or breastmilk.

my son is 10mths and he gets cereal with fruit 1 time a day at breakfast.

MY DAUGHTER IS 3 MONTHS I FEED HER CEREAL WITH THE SPOON ON MON., WED, AND FRID, JUST TO GET HER USED TO IT AND ON THE OTHER DAYS I JUST PUT ABOUT 1 1/2 TEASPOONS IN HER BOTTLE AT NIGHT...

Source(s): MOM TO A 3 MONTH OLD

your doctor will have the answer for that..but i started my son on cereal when he was 2 months old and he had it with every bottle..i had to make it very thick due to reflux..but he is still very healthy..

• morning and supper 2 spoons.