how can you delay your traffic violation in NY?

I already delayed it once on the phone. Now they told me I have to come in person to delay it. what can i expect. will they delay it and for how long. and do you have any tipps for me to win. I got a ticket for failure to signal lane change and tailgating. I know i signaled and i was not tailgating. It just so happened that the car in front of me began to slow down from the third lane just to exit. It is his fault for changeing lanes from the third lane just to get off from the freeway. am i right! and do i have any chances of winning. thanks for your help

so what are some good excuses i can use?

Favorite Answer

First off, accept that you did something wrong. I had several traffic violations in NY and beat them all. You need to look at a legal book, like Purdens here in Pennsylvania, that explains what the cops and the District Attorney need to prosecute you.

You look up the violation you got and, the excuses other drivers successfully used to defeat their violations. See if the same applies to you and viola, you're off the hook.

Good Luck!!

you have no chance of getting the whole thing thrown out. Its your word against the police officer's word. You only hope is to see if you can plead it down to a lesser offense.

Does the officer have a video to prove his case?

From what I understand if you have a ticket, you can just go to the court date they have listed , and don't pay it, where you can plead your case to the judge. I am not sure if you have a case.

Drive away before the cops catch you.