Anyone ever heard of the term "flanking line tornadoes"?

OK, these were mentioned in an article about gustnadoes and landspouts, but I have never been able to see them mentioned ever again (and I can't find any pics of them online). What are they, or is this an outdated term? Anyone know?

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    "Flanking line

    A line of smaller cumulonimbi or cumulus that form in the warm rising air pulled in by the main updraft." So flankline tornados must be around the flankline

    Source(s): Wikipedia
  • 4 years ago

    Flanking Line

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.