Will I need a passport to enter the US from Mexico by car on June 8, 2008?

I've heard that no passport is needed until June 2009, but I sure would hate to get stuck down there and not able to enter the U.S.!!! Going to Rocky Point (Puerto Penasco). My mother is 82 years old and they have denied her a passport because she has no birth certificate!!! She wants to go with us to Rocky Point but can't get a passport..... Any help will be appreciated!

5 Answers

  • Teekno
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer


    The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative will be in full swing by sometime in the Summer of 2008. She'll need to have a passport.

    There's likely to be an alternative available to her because of the lack of a birth certificate. You'll probably have to ask the State Department about that.

  • t S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    Yes, you will need a passport. And so will your Mom.

    Your Mom can petition for her passport with other documentation (Check the US State Department website on passports).

    Also, if she was born in the US, even 82 years ago, there are probably records (in the county of her birth) kept on microfiche. The US did keep records back in the 1930s

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    dont do it without the passport. they say one thing and do another rocky place isnt that imortant or ur return back to the US will be rocky the rest up to u..I TOLD U SO!

  • 1 decade ago

    i have read that the passport will be required after 01/31/2008

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.