Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 1 decade ago

Christmas........?

can I get an honest answer........

When you here the word "Christmas" do you immediatly think of Jesus's birthday, or gifts?

....just wondering:)

thanks guys. to be honest, i think about the gingerbread house making, decorating, family, friends, and of course, presents. i mean, i acknowlage the fact thst it is jesus's birthday too, but i dont get exited about it. i wish i could say i did, though..............

• kimmy
    Favorite Answer

i think about the anticipation for my daughter. i remember that feeling well. christmas itself has never felt like a religious holiday to me. even when you get up and go to church. it's like two separate things. i just remember how i felt when i was younger waiting for christmas and relive all that through my baby. it's never been extremely materialistic for us either. i've always appreciated anything i have gotten, not how much i have gotten and i have managed to instill that in my child also. it's about family, wonderful baking, and when else can i play those hilarious christmas songs without seeming bonkers?

I think of Christmas Trees, and Snow. Specailly for Christmas Eve.

I think of Jesus's birthday; this is due to my up bringing in a Christian home and environment. Everyone else has a birthday ... why not Jesus? :)

Mrs. G

The first thing I think about is actually the whole holiday season... and all that I have to do before then! :o) But THEN I think Jesus' birthday. :o)

• Dew

Both.BUT there is no Proof that Jesus was born on Dec 25th.I am a Christian But Do not believe we are to celebrate Jesus's Birthday on that day,We should praise and glorify him everyday.I love Christmas it is one of my favorites Holidays!

Shopping for gifts. Decorating. I am not religious, though.

not really.its more like a happy festivals for me,when you buy gifts for friends,when everyones seems to be happy,whn u think about the year thts goin to end,and eventually gifts!

I think of my Birthday.

I'm also a 12/25 baby.

I think of holiday decorations and carols, but then again I'm not Christian.

I think of gifts, but giving rather than receiving...