Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysChristmas · 1 decade ago

Christmas........?

can I get an honest answer........

When you here the word "Christmas" do you immediatly think of Jesus's birthday, or gifts?

....just wondering:)

Update:

thanks guys. to be honest, i think about the gingerbread house making, decorating, family, friends, and of course, presents. i mean, i acknowlage the fact thst it is jesus's birthday too, but i dont get exited about it. i wish i could say i did, though..............

15 Answers

Relevance
  • kimmy
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i think about the anticipation for my daughter. i remember that feeling well. christmas itself has never felt like a religious holiday to me. even when you get up and go to church. it's like two separate things. i just remember how i felt when i was younger waiting for christmas and relive all that through my baby. it's never been extremely materialistic for us either. i've always appreciated anything i have gotten, not how much i have gotten and i have managed to instill that in my child also. it's about family, wonderful baking, and when else can i play those hilarious christmas songs without seeming bonkers?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think of Christmas Trees, and Snow. Specailly for Christmas Eve.

• 1 decade ago

I think of Jesus's birthday; this is due to my up bringing in a Christian home and environment. Everyone else has a birthday ... why not Jesus? :)

Mrs. G

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The first thing I think about is actually the whole holiday season... and all that I have to do before then! :o) But THEN I think Jesus' birthday. :o)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dew
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Both.BUT there is no Proof that Jesus was born on Dec 25th.I am a Christian But Do not believe we are to celebrate Jesus's Birthday on that day,We should praise and glorify him everyday.I love Christmas it is one of my favorites Holidays!

• 1 decade ago

Shopping for gifts. Decorating. I am not religious, though.

• 1 decade ago

not really.its more like a happy festivals for me,when you buy gifts for friends,when everyones seems to be happy,whn u think about the year thts goin to end,and eventually gifts!

• 1 decade ago

I think of my Birthday.

I'm also a 12/25 baby.

• 1 decade ago

I think of holiday decorations and carols, but then again I'm not Christian.

• 1 decade ago

I think of gifts, but giving rather than receiving...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.