After 5,10,15 years what do you have left to talk about?

I seem to hit the wall with people after about five years I have told them all my stories and hairbrained dreams and ideas ad-naseum and generally get the same in return. Just curious what are you poeple still talking about?

some more details, After a certain amount of time all my satoryies are generally happening right in front of them and don't need a huge explanation. A lot of people suggest the news or the weather but wouldn't you find talking to someone new with fresh srories and fresh opions more stimulating than hearing the same opions, ideas and anecdotes over and over?

Favorite Answer

everything, anything, and nothing.

Source(s): married 13 years

Current events. What we want to do now and in the future. We talk about our past. Oh yeah, we retell the same stories over and over to each other, but they never get boring.

Take care,

Troy

Wow, that sucks. Maybe you need to come up with NEW dreams and NEW stories to discuss!!!

Pick up a new hobby or make a new friend... anything to get those brain juices flowing and that way you can keep on coming up with new ideas.

Current events and general life that's going on now.

Everything. Our friends. Our jobs. Our children.

Here's an idea. Find something that you can do together, like biking together or some other hobby. My wife and I have lots of things we enjoy doing together.

The kids.......there is always something going on with the kids....if you dont have any talk about making some...they are a joy...becoming a father is best thing that ever happen to me

everyday life in general,there is something new to talk about everyday.You know what my brother said that its easier for a woman to talk about something different everyday.Talk about your job,the weather,the news and that will lead up to another conversation.Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Clothes, Shoes, and Jewelry.

I have hit a time in my life where I like that stuff.

The news, stuff you read....

This inspires new conversations and explorations of opinion.

New things always come up.

My husband and I act goofy and make each other laugh. We never run out of that.

• Rein

Stuff that is going on now. Other people.