1337 asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

teenage depression?

i'm really sad right now. at school i have no friends, well i do but they are all sad. i go home and go into my room and listen to soft music. how come i'm so sad? everything is like black and white except the red on my wrist. why?

Favorite Answer

Because you're surrounding yourself with depressing music and depressing people. Get out and do things. It's never easy being a teen and especially not in these days and times.

When I was a teenager I went through the same thing. I felt depressed constantly and felt like nobody liked me. I would sit in my room and listen to sad music and just cry. As I got older I realized that things weren't as bad as I made them out to be. I ended up getting through it but now instead of depression I have major anxiety issues. So if may just be a hormonal stage that you will grow out of or it may lead to other mental issues. So if you are really suffering I would definitely try to get help. It is worth it.

Everyone goes through this at sometime in their lives, some of us many times. Teens have so many things changing, not just with their bodies but also in their brain. There are chemical changes that make you feel like you don't know what is wrong with you and you can't help how you feel and act, right? You are normal, and just need to express your feelings in a good way. Spend some time accomplishing something that makes you feel good about yourself. Make a cake, paint a picture, or just write out what you are going through and remind yourself that this is only a moment in time and it will pass and the sun will shine for you again. Remember the wonderful things about you, and all the happiness that awaits you. God Bless you, and take care.

needhim.com

We are supposed to be pleased when things 'run like clockwork'. Clockwork mechanisms, though, are notoriously prone to failure. You have to keep winding them up. If you forget - or if you go too fa... well, you take my point. Somewhere in your world now, there's a situation that pretty much takes care of itself. The maintenance it requires is almost unconscious. It's just something you find yourself doing every so often. Right now, it requires a little extra attention. Don't begrudge it this.

XCXCXCXC

Sounds like teenage hormones are kicking in. You should get some professional help to help you through this.