how long before should i let cable company that we are moving?

we are moving to a different city and want to cancel our cable service sometime before dec.10 how far in advance should i let them know?

Favorite Answer

When I moved I contacted them about a week before I moved. They can set the date and time when to cancel, and also set up a date and time when you want it hooked up at the new place. You can call whenever to cancel, but for hooking it back up you need to call ASAP to set an appointment.

The sooner you let them know the better. You should also give them a forwarding address in case there are any bills that need to get to you after you've moved.

• BC

As soon as you know the date you no longer want cable. They usually want 30 days notice. Depends on their billing cycles. Call them right away.

determine the last date in your billing cycle and turn it off by that day...before they start charging you for another month

Before you get your next bill.

• miya

it would be good to let them know now.