Microsoft Windows Remote Desktop Connection Remote Login Problems?

In Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2, I have Remote Desktop. I have an IP Address, a Username, and a Password for that Username. After I enter all of that information in the mstsc.exe program, I click the "Connect" button, but the program won't connect. Is that possible in any way? I would greatly appreciate any help I could get. Thank you very much.

• Deepak
    Favorite Answer

try going from windows network and then work group and there u go!!! u ill find the sys type the pass uill be connected

A little more info might help. Like are what kind of error message are you getting when you try and log in? Also is this user a member of the remote users group on this pc? Also are there any firewalls or routers between the these 2 pc's? Also do you have remote connections enabled on the computer that you want to remote into? Any other info you have will let us help you.