What Have You " Sacrificed" To Save Money?????

i.e. don't buy lunch and bring your own, carpool ( gas money)

etc etc

Favorite Answer

Stopped eating out, cut my cell phone down the least possible minutes, no buying snacks and soda will outside, no dvd or cd buying, no clothes or shoes I dont NEED at the moment. When we do eat out we dont buy drinks. We buy one 2 liter or one big juice from the store. {for a fam of 6 that saves ALMOST 12.00!} No Starbucks and No energy drinks!! I bring lunch from home... such as left overs or sandwhiches.

Basically cut back on whatever you dont NEED to survive!!!! =}

Its NOT easy but the pay off is great!

budget your plan.when you go for any shopping,from groceries to the shoes,clothings,house hold itoms.think ten times before buying, ask quistions,is it neccessary to buy this? or you can't live without buying this? do i really need it,or i want it?if the answer comes u can not live with out it then buy.ie.water is some thing you have to use it,but soda is some thing you do not need it.you have to learn to dessipline yourself.it will be very tough but,at the end of the month you will see how much money you saved,the motivation will kick in.

no matter how little you earn,always put aside the savings in an envelope every time you cash the check for buying things.if u r spending ten dollars,spend nine save one.

make a habbit of buying every thing from good will stores,or thrift shops only.

stop eating out,you can use that one time lunch spending , even in burger king for three times your healthy food at home.

do not run for each and every thing to the store,make a list for weekly and monthly shoppings.

spend time to find the lowest price for the stuff you need for daily use.instead of buy to big super stores like publixs go to popular stores or president market,sedanos,or dollar time,and check all the big dollar store they are cheaper then those other store,i am saving the way i am telling you.though each and every dollar store has not every thing for dollars,but still it is cheaper than big stores.for fruits and veggies go to flea market and farmers market.these are the places to go and save your money.after all it is your hard earn money you have to spend it wisely.do not use the credit cards if you do not have enough money to pay in full. always buy cash.that you can see how much you are spending and how much you can afford.good luck

Source(s): i am the surce of my savings.

Use the library. Most have internet service, CDs, DVDs and videos as well as books. Not to mention newspapers and magazines.

I don't need to now, but I still shop at Goodwill and Value Village for many clothing items. Some of their things are brand new and a lot is scarcely worn and they cost a fraction of the price charged by a retailer.

We have at times made our own beer and wine - but it is a lot of work and while the beer is good, but wine is not so great so we don't anymore. Drinking less is easier.

Staying home for 96 hours in a row, doing nothing more than studiying and eating left overs

what an awesome experience...

• the d

A car, Dates, Having any fun, Buying presents, eating food other than bread

instead of buying smokes i roll my own..only 10 bucks a carton compared to 50...i bring my own lunch to work...i only drink water..so no soda's out of the machine..i shop at consignments shops and good will..wait for movies to come out on dvd and borrow them from the library instead of renting them...

• Cate

Gave up smoking and but still stuck the money away each time I "would have" bought smokes. This bought me a trip to mexico.