Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

My kitten is 9 weeks old...he seems lazy and sleepy alot.. he like to play but not for long! is this normal?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Yes, he's a baby! They'll play for a bit, then just plop down and sleep for awhile. Then they get up and do it all over again. Just like human babies, animal babies need lots of sleep. Of course, cats are big sleepers anyway.

• 1 decade ago

Young animals sleep 18 to 20 hours a day.

• 1 decade ago

Young animals need lots of sleep, my cat is 4 and sleeps for about 20 hours a day, he only moves to eat and use the loo, lol, dont worry,it is totally normal

• 1 decade ago

I think cats sleep an average of twenty hours a day. It is probably less for kittens, but sleeping is pretty much what cats do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Cats sleep two thirds of there life away. So they eat, sleep, eat some more, play, sleep and so on and so on. If you wanted a more active pet, maybe a dog would suit you better. If your just asking cause your concerned, don't be.....

• 1 decade ago

this is perfectly normal because my cat is always sleeping and only is awake for about 3 hours a day!!!anyway there is a well known fact that cats sleep for 18 hours a day.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, young animals need a surprising amount of sleep. Think of human babies. Don't worry, he's fine!

• 1 decade ago

I BELIEVE SO. HE IS A NEWBORN. NEEDS HIS REST TO GROW

• 1 decade ago

yup he is a baby...babies sleep!!

• 1 decade ago

not normal, have it checked out by a vet.

Source(s): nurse
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.