Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

can u keep belly ring while pregnant?

Favorite Answer

http://www.bodycandy.com/cgi-bin/category/pregnanc...

There are pregnancy body jewerly at this site. I have never had my belly buton pierced, but My friend did and she used this site. Good luck and congradulations on your pregnancy!

I had the pregnant belly ring! My child was born at 7 months but I kept it in the whole time and still have it and shes 15 months..Just gotta get the right belly ring and do whatever makes you comfortable..My best friend got the same ring I had but said it was uncomfortable and took hers out! Its all up to you sweetheart!

I have mine in still, I'm 20 weeks. My sister kept hers in the entire pregnancy without any problems. My doctor told me at my 6 weeks appointment that I will only have to take it out if I have a C-Section. They make pregnancy rings now days. I ordered mine from mom4life.com It bends with the stomach so there is no stretching or anything. If you take it out, you will get a really nasty scar and possibly some stretch marks around that area. I would keep it in for now, and then get a pregnancy one.

I've kept mine in for 2 of my pregnancy's all i do is get a plastic bar you can buy that keeps the whole open and doesn't cause discomfort why your belly is growing! after my last baby though none of my old bars fitted anymore and i had to go and buy longer ones because the whole had stretched due to pregnancy but it is possible to keep it in the whole way through.

YES!!!! My gyno told me about a pregnancy belly button ring you can buy and wear through your whole pregnancy. I wasn't able to find them anywhere in stores so I bought one off ebay. They are AMAZING! They are very flexible so they stretch with you. Here is a site that sells them pretty cheap, you should check it out!

I know some of them look very long but i just cut mine down a bit with a pair of scissors and was good to go!

Source(s): 19 weeks prengnant!

You can keep it for a little while but I would take it out as your skin will be streching rather quickly over the weeks now and normally your belly button will pop out in the last weeks.

what u have to get is this long bendable belly ring called a pregnacy belly ring, it allows for the stertch and pushing out of you belly that a baby insid ewill cause. so yes you can keep your piercing

I kept mine up until about 5 months, but then it started to hurt because my skin was stretching. Just take it out and get it re- pierced after the baby.

• Oryx

Sometimes. It doesn't do any damage to try. If it starts to get irritated or pulled as you get further along in the pregnancy you can always take it out.

They sell retainers for them, go to your local piercing shop and they will be able to find one for you. Other than that I took mine out at 4 months, 3 months, and right away. It started to itch and stretch when I left it in. I still to this day have my piercing.

Source(s): mommy of 3