Has anyone or know anyone delivered at 34 weeks with a healthy baby?

My specialist is suggesting for me to deliver at 34 weeks due to chronic hypertension but the baby is healthy. Im 28 weeks now and the baby weighs 2pds and 10 ounces. So by 34 weeks she will be over 5 and 1/2 pounds.

Favorite Answer

The baby will be fine. The suvival chances are good for babies that are past 28 weeks gestation. At 34 weeks the only problem you may encounter is lung development, which they will monitor before delivering your baby. If the doctors are doing this for medical reasons they will factor in everything to help you have a safe delivery and a healthy baby.

Source(s): mommy of 3

Your baby will be fine- Full term is really considered 35 weeks or later, so the baby wont be that early. And you'll be healthy too- so listen to your doctor! And my sister-in-law deliver her baby one day before her due date and the baby was only 5 1/2lbs. She was just fine- went home the next day. Small doesn't equal unhealthy!

I know lots of people who've had preemie babies, but theirs were usually delivered much sooner, as in 25-28 weeks. Your baby should be fine, it'll have a better surviving chance than preemies born much sooner. Good luck with your delivery!

my baby was born at 34 weeks 5lb and he is fine he was in the hospital for a week and is now 5 months and 20lb your baby will be fine it just needs lots of love

the baby will be sick and spend at least a month in the nicu. the baby is healthy inside you outside will be very different

lungs wont be fully developed possible for heart and brain problems sucking problems wotn be able to control body temp possibly jaundice

have they given you any tips to lower your blood pressure

cut out sat greasy fatty foods

cut back on stress bed rest could help. no expirence with high blood pressure i was fortunate my cousin had one at 32 weeks and hes fine now

I delievered at 35 weeks with a healthy baby boy 6lbs 7oz :)

My best friend had her son at 30 weeks and he is perfectly healthy. There's no need to worry unless the doc tells you to. He was born at 30 weeks and a whopping 2lbs 11 ozs. Good luck!!!

Yes, it is common for babys to come a little early and since ur's is already right on schedule and looking fine, shouldn't be any problem.

my 21 yrs old is proof, lol.

YES!!