Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Eggs and Baby Oil for hair??

I have heard from co-workers that an egg and baby oil mixture is good for conditioning color treated hair -- has anyone tried this?? How good does it work???

Favorite Answer

Try this 2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 egg. Mix these three things together and rub it into your dry hair. Leave it on for 15 minutes or so. Whatever is left over, I put about a half teaspoon of sugar and rub it into my face. I usually wash it off right away because I don't like the feel of it. When you wash your hair make sure you shampoo it twice. I usually do it on a Friday night because the next day your hair is slightly limp but the second day it will be super soft and shiny. I do this once a month or so and get comments on how shiny my hair is all the time.

Begin by cracking open one egg yolk into a mixing bowl. Beat the egg yolk quickly with a fork or whisk until it is completely broken up.

Add one tablespoon of olive oil. Beat again with the whisk or fork until it is well mixed. Baby oil can also be substituted for the olive oil for a better fragrance.

Mix in one cup of lukewarm water. Mixing the water in will dilute the mixture and make it easier to spread evenly throughout your whole head of hair.

Wet hair completely. It is best to apply the conditioning treatment to clean hair, so wash hair with a gentle shampoo, rinse and squeeze excess water from hair.

Pour half the egg yolk conditioner on top of the head, trying to avoid the face. While egg yolk is good for the face as well, the oil in the mixture is not. Use hands to apply the other half of the conditioner to the bottom of hair.

Run the conditioner through with your finger tips to ensure even coating. Let it set for 5 minutes.

Rinse your hair thoroughly with lukewarm or cool water. It is important not to use hot water because it may cook the egg yolk in your hair and require another washing. Cool water is good for hair because it makes it shiny.

(For long hair, use two egg yolks and two tablespoons of olive oil.)

Eggs yes! Babyoil NO!!! NO no no....

But really eggs are really good for your hair (colored or not)

Try mixing beer and eggs... Beer makes it shine and the protein in eggs helps from split ends and breakage.

Baby oil will help it shine but the oil makes your hair get dirty FAST, dirt will stick to the oil and the oil will stay in your hair for days even after you wash it. If you put to much it can make your hair clump. Baby oil can be good but it takes trying it 100's of time till you know the right amount to use, and some hair takes differently to it then others.

Peanut butter is also good for your hair (protein)

You can also put oil free lotion in damp hair to prevent frizz... but you have to let it dry on its own when you use lotion, otherwise it will frizz more

Source(s): 2 years Hair Academy

Never ever use baby oil in your hair. You will never get it out!

Perhaps the egg helps neutralize it but I wouldn't risk it.

I once used BO on my hair and the next day I shampooed three times but I still looked like a greaser. The amount of washing necessary to get it out negates any benefit.

I would use olive oil instead - that's a commonly used "natural" conditioner. But the first time you try this - do it on the weekend so if you have any problems washing it out you can at least hide at home!

I haven't tried baby oil but I would steer clear, it is mineral oil and does not absorb into hair or scalp. I would say it wouldn't rinse well either. Try egg, avocado and honey mixture. Here are a few sites with conditioning recipes.

Although I have never used it...the ingrediants do not compare with solutions for oil hair.

I would highly reccomend Paul Mitchell Tea Trea shampoo and conditioning products as that should give your over active oil glands the cleaning they need....

For quick results, it is best for your hair if you brush your hair daily to redistribute the oil down to the shaft of the hair, which is the best solution for damage as well...

If you want consistency daily, I would use a small amount of baby powder or constarch on the root area and simplly use your fingers, a quick brush through will remove the white marks.

I wouldn't recommend anything with oil in it as it will simply compound your issue....

Best of Luck

Source(s): Licensed Cosmetologist since 1992, experience

I don't know about baby oil but i mix olive oil, egg and some yogurt for conditioning. It gives me salon treated hair look(extra soft'n'smooth).

Do try with full confidence u'll feel the difference.

Probably egg yellows are good, as well as some oil(not baby oil). BUT if you`ll not wash it off really well, it`ll cause much trouble, like smell and if your scalp is not dry-it can do some harm too. Better try t on your ends like on weekend.

Source(s): Russians like trying different home-made stuff

I think you'd have a problem getting the baby oil out of your hair, it would take so much shampooing that it would destroy any benefit that you may have gotten.

I've heard Olive Oil is very good.