Kelly B asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Do you think politicians STILL understimate the power of the Internet and the fact that everything they say ..

and do can be and is fact checked and the results shared daily?

24/7 information.

I watched that show about the false attack ads that candidates still choose to use that misinform and sometimes straight up lie. Do you think they get it yet that we know or can check their bogus propaganda?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • T-Bone
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sadly people like yourself are the minority, I agree if more people researched the answers to form their opinions on America would be a better place.

But as long as the majority base their opinions based on attack ads and news blip's, disinformation will continue to be spread. It goes to both sides of the isle.

I applaud your need to research the facts.

• celvin
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

to a point --but also the net can be a source of deliberately disseminated disinformation - e.g wikipedia

The powers that be try to play this up to insinuate that the net is in itself unreliable - as they have an obvious vested interest in discrediting much of the potentially damaging good, well research information that there is on it.

The majority will fall for it still rely on the mass media's propaganda. That doesn't mean that the minority can't make an impact of course.

• 1 decade ago

I think to some degree they do know, which is why they are trying to pass legislation so that they can control and regulate the Internet. They also hope that most people won't bother to research and check. They do everything within their power to promote and encourage, apathy and ignorance, and complacency, and to distract the masses from seeing what is really going on. *sm*

• NONAME
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

you check this stuff out, i check this stuff out, a lot of people do, but america is still a dumb cow. 80% of people do not check things out, and believe what you say on tv. hummm sad world isn't it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, this is why they are flip flopping. They are being CAUGHT pandering. ALL OF THEM

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.