Can you beleive this?

My grandson was just suspended today for holding a girls hand at school. He is in Kindergarden and is only 5 years old.

Favorite Answer

Unless your grandson is going to school on "Mars" or "Venus" I agree with the others that said alert the media. They are going to far, so, do they think he is a terrorist or is it that he is in that marauding group of gangbanging group of 5 yr olds that like holding hands? There wasn't a gun in between those tiny little fingers was there?

This principal obviously has some sort of dementia going on and should probably have a psych evaluation. Next thing ya know they'll have to enter through separate doors and drink from separate fountains. How retarded is this, alert the media, it'll make national news. I guess ya can't get a spanking or hold hands anymore............................

This just goes to show how much to the extreme that people are taking the whole sexual harassment issue. I'm sure that this is the reason your grandson was suspended. Somebody at the school will say that it violates the sexual harassment policy which is ridiculous. These are children who don't have a clue about what harassment is.

Unfortunately I can believe it. I've heard of a lot of Elementary kids being suspended for PDA, etc. I don't agree with it at all. Everyone is running around saying "Where's the love in the world?" but then tell kids they can't show any to each other. What the heck kind of adults do they think these kids will become?!

• ?

everybody is carrying this sexual thing way to far..the schools especialy..5 yr olds barely know what their privates are for except to tinkle..this school need some serious pta meetings and i would get a hold of your newspaper and local tv station and make an issue out of this...was the girl suspended also..talk to the girls parents and see what they say..but do not take this lieing down..it could have future implications on your son and other students...

Schools are starting to crackdown on oublic displays of affection in all grades now. Just about a month ago a girl in 3rd grade was suspended for hugging another student...schools are starting to get out of hand with this

• ?

That is ridiculous. I could understand if he were in high school and was making out with the girl but being in elementary school and suspending him for something so innocent is just stupid.

Just for holding hands? That is absurd. Leak this one to the media - I'm sure they'd have a field day with it and embarass the heck out of the principal who handed down that idiotic punishment.

You are right, I'm just cannot believe that.

It is quite an absurd situation.

Since we hope to maintain our humanity in a cruel world, many times our kids' teachers try to transform them into sets of rules, despite their affinities.

I think you should try to speak with your grand-son, but also with his teacher. We cannot accept to be only a piece of the world mechanism - each of us is a unique and non-repeatable human being.

That's messed up! i remember a girl that used to kiss boys on the cheek in kinder garden! and the teacher didn't care! if it were against the little girls will that would be one thing... but schools these days are getting really messed up!

SERIOUSLY you should call your local TV station. This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard! The school systems today are loosing thier minds.