Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

righteous Lot and His Daughters?

Can some one tell me in one part of the bible or a website with the part of righteous Lot getting raped by his daughters while he was drunk.

I did not know that story its gross and creepy.

I want to read to belive.

= )

Mr. Clear

Thats even worse im not using it to get arouse. I just could not belive that was in the bible its crazy. Thats why i said I could not belive it. . . . jezzz. Straight to the gutter.

Favorite Answer

Lot(PBUH*) did not have sex with his daughters or get drunk.

The people of Lot (those dwelt in the towns of Sodom in Palestine) belied the Messengers when their brother Lot said to them: "Will you not fear Allah and obey Him? Verily! I am a trustworthy Messenger to you. SO fear Allah, keep your duty to Him, and obey me. No reward do I ask of you for it (my Message of Islamic Monotheism) my reward is only from the Lord of the Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists). Go you in unto the males of the Alamin (mankind), and leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your wives? Nay, you are a trespassing people!"

They said: "If you cease not, O Lot! Verily, you will be one of those who are driven out!"

HE said: "I am indeed, of those who disapprove with severe anger and fury your (this evil) action (of sodomy). My Lord! Save me and my family from what they do."

SO We saved him and his family, all except an old woman (this wife) among those who remained behind. (Ch 26:160-171 Quran)

The Qur'an did not make Lot(PBUH*) and his daughters out to be bad people. In the Qur'an Lot(PBUH*) offers his daughters to the men but they wanted the Angels who were disguised as men. So ALLAH(Subhanna wa ta'ala) destroyed the city's inhabitants including Lot's(PBUH*) wife because she disobeyed Lot(PBUH*) and ran to the men to tell them of the two Angels at her husband's home and she wanted to stay with the disbelievers. Lot(PBUH*) journeyed on to his cousin Abraham(PBUH*).

Source(s): Qur'an

Lot was not so righteous, but he was not deserving of death either. When God, via angels, informed Lot that the cities where he lived were about to be destroyed and that he must escape with his family, Lot reluctantly agreed.

As they were running, Lot's wife turned back to see the destruction and died (turned into a pillar of salt). Lot and his daughters escaped to a cave. Lot's 2 daughters thought that the 3 of them were the only remaining people alive and that it would have to be through them to repopulate the earth. They each, in turn, conceived by their father while he was in an inebriated state.

• Snoot

I saw parts of a National Geographic film on that subject. It was said that after the devastation of Sodom and Gomorrah, that there were no people on the earth, therefore the daughter raped him in order to populate the earth. It may have been sanctioned by God during those times, because in the Old Testament the people needed to populate so there was also polygamy. Jeff's was born in the wrong time frame.

Genesis 19

Interesting point is that these daughters were virgins that had never known a man, whom Lot offered to the men of the city, so they would leave the angels alone. These daughters were also married, since the story talks about Lot's son-in-laws. Evidently, the husbands of Lot's daughters had never bothered to have sex with their wives because they were interested in other men. It's no wonder these girls were messed up in their thinking.

Go to the back of the Bible and look for the key word Lot. Remember, the Bible is a record of things that has happened. Many people did not live according to God's will to them, and still God used them in a big way for His purposes. Lot was not perfect, but look, God thought he is worth saving.

Genesis 19:30

He wasn't raped they were afraid, as women were in those days, that they would never marry or have any children so they got him drunk and took advantage of him.

SANCHA

So everytime some chick in a bar gets drunk and some guy sleeps with her it's rape?

Lot may have been drunk but I am sure he knew what was going on.

Farm bred

They were not actually married they were actually betrothed (engaged) which in those days they took so seriously that they refered to their future relative as in-laws.

Why do I bother?

You should not read that story. Some people have read it and gotten aroused, and I find that quite lamentable.

The Bible should not be used that way.

YEAHHHHH....i wonder if they were twins?

not just one of them, but both, and 2 nights in a row. and they got him drunk so as to better take advantage of poor unsuspecting daddy. FREAKY!

sorry sis, i don't remember the verses.

• SANCHA

Genesis,Chapter 19. I wonder if Nashgirl would think she wasn't raped if someone got her drunk and "took advantage" of her. Please!!

Regardless of their reasons, they were nasty and they did rape Lot.