Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

Repub Debate: did anyone find the boo'ing Pres Candidates & lack of substantive issues an embarrassing display

They asked what kind of ammo each Presidential candidate uses??

Questions about following the exact word of the Bible? (want to alienate lots of people)

Fighting over which Pres Candidate is harboring illegal immigants??

Weird YouTube questioners with strange questions & squeeky voices & strange looks?

Boo'ing and yelling at Presidential Candidates from the audience??

To me the whole thing seemed out of touch and alienating and disrespectful.

ooh and the anti Hillary videos, so you really want her elected, they should be talking about themselves and what they are going to do not who they are against

Favorite Answer

i do agree

It is very disrespectful and it clearly shows how some of these libs are completely intolerant.

Personally, these youtube debates are just plain ole stupid!

Doesn't anyone find it hypocritical when one party demands certain questions be asked or not asked yet this same party infiltrates the questioners from their party to ask the other party?

My disgust for them cannot be put into words. Do these morons ask any of the dem candidates these questions? No, they're hypocrites and they will do anything to make a republican look bad or evil when it is their own party that will destroy this Country. Their ignorance, especially towards hitlary, is a scary thought that they will elect someone like her because of their hatred. That is a disgrace to this Country and the American people.

People have no shame anymore.

God help us.

• ryan c

Romney and Clinton2 are the only two people i could not tolerate as my President. Paul would be my fave, followed by Obama. Too bad this 2 party process is so rigged and polarizing.

It was great disappointment to see how all the 60 + people lack either the depth of knowledge of Hillary or the youthful vigor and exuberance of Obama. No doubt they are good speakers but their debate lacks depth and substance.

It is time Hillary and Obama close in their ranks and win the race as a team. It is not time for sparring, but for joining forces for a just cause.

Y E S, these debates are getting to be a big circus!!

i did not see it but if was anything like the dems youtube debates, it was a joke. you would think that out of 5,000 videos, cnn could at the very least pick some that are relevant. maybe it is their way of making the repubs look bad since the are the Clintion News Network(lol)

Mccain's isolationism comment was the low-light of the night.

Every person with a brain in their head knows the difference between isolationism and non-interventionism (Except the neo-cons on this site).

But I guess Mccain and all of you are smarter than Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin.

Ron Paul 08

pink1957girl - Define isolationism for me and give me an example from Ron Paul's voting record that proves he is an isolationist. I'll get my popcorn.

I'm waiting to be schooled pink1957girl, where are you?

Source(s): "When government is in fear of the people that is liberty, when people are in fear of the government that is tyranny."

Like a bad circus!

• zoman

Yes, way out of line!

I thought the whole thing was a waste of time and a joke. The questions were mostly dumb. Who picked these stupid questions?

When a good question was asked (Huckabee on in-state tuition) the twit side-stepped it and LIED about what he did since she caught him "dead-to-rights."

There should NEVER have been a question about a belief in the Bible. That has no place in the election (I am strongly religious).

EDIT: Hey, "idontknow," I thought McCain's comment about Paul's isolationism was one of the few good points of the night and was 100% accurate!

People tend to boo when they hear a lot of sh*t.

And we heard plenty last night.