Why do you think?

Marijuanna should be legal and if not why

• wizjp
    Favorite Answer

Too many judgement imparing availibilities now.

• BC

Yes. Although I do not use it (really), I don't see any reason to prohibit it if people want to use it. We tried that with alcohol (ever hear of the Prohibition Era?), and it was a total disaster. Prohibiting weed is causing the same problems. Organized crime is making billions from it, "honest" citizens are being jailed for using it, and law enforcement agencies are overburdened because of the need to enforce weed laws and incarcerate those arrested. Terrible waste of time and money.

And I hope no one argues about how "addictive" and "hazardous" it is to those who use it. Simple tobacco is much more addictive and hazardous and is totally legal.

Just a thought: If we could convince the government that they could make billions taxing it, do you think they would legalize it? You're damn right. Roll a doobie and enjoy.

I don't believe Marijuana should be legal.

My reasoning is because its an illegal drug for a reason.

It is known that marijuana smoke contains some of the same, and sometimes even more, of the cancer-causing chemicals as tobacco smoke. Studies show that someone who smokes five joints per week may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day.

THC disrupts the nerve cells in the part of the brain where memories are formed. This makes it hard to the user to recall recent events, and so it is hard to learn while high. A working short-term memory is required for learning and performing tasks that call for more than one or two steps.

Some studies show that when people have smoked large amounts of marijuana for years, the drug takes its toll on mental functions. Researchers are still learning about the many ways that marijuana affects the brain.

Nature should be legal.

It was legal for Thousands of years throughout man's development.

• zoee_d

I think it is no better/worse than alcohol or cigarettes. It might as well be legal.