Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationBuying & Selling · 1 decade ago

Automotive Navigon GPS?

I am looking to buy my boyfriend a GPS for x-mas because he gets losts everywhere! I was looking into the Navigon 2100 vs the 5100 and whether the price difference is worth upgrading to the 5100 or if there is a better GPS which is more affordable on the market?? I liked the Navigon because the picture view of the map can be easily matched to what it looks like in reality through the car window. Thank you!!!

Favorite Answer

LOOK AT THE GARMIN MODELS THEY ARE VERY RELIABLE AND ARE REASONABLY PRICED.

Source(s): 923

Garmin and Magellan are the best but I purchased the Navigon 5100 because it has FREE Lifetime Traffic Service which shows traffic conditions. I plan on giving it to my brother who travels to new cities a lot so he could definately use it.

I think the difference between 2100 and 5100 is that the latter has Free traffic report, lane assist and Zagat ratings and reviews for hotels, restaurants, etc.

Staples sold the 2100 for $99 on Black Friday which I missed out on. I bought the 5100 for $200 at Overstock. Go to http://www.fatwallet.com/ to see all the deals available for it.

UCANTCME is right . go with the Garmin, but not the bottom of the line. Stay with the middle or top of the line for better features.