Is this relationship worth persuing?

I am in love with an older woman. I'm 32, she is 42. She is a divorced single mother with a 15 year old kid, I have no kids. We are of different races, and there is a language barrier, she speaks so so English and I speak no Spanish. She has an established career while I am just getting started. The only thing we have in common is we both like to run/work out, and we attend the same community organization. I like her because she has this amazing personality, and she is drop dead gorgeous. I don't know why other guys are not hitting on her more often, quite frankly the prettiest woman I have seen in a while.

Friends are telling me to run, that beauty is only skin deep. I always said i wanted to wait to have kids, I know her son off hand, really nice kid, but I don't see us getting too serious because she still has to take care of him for 3 more years (in theory, he could stay at home pass 18). I think she is more mature than me emotionally though

Favorite Answer

I wonder how long you guys have been dating. You started out this question with... I'm in love with an older woman. So you LOVE her. I think it's worth pursuing. You're just dating. Sounds like you are enjoying your time with her so why not continue to learn more about her and figure out if you want to marry her or not. Because that's what we do when we hit 30 something. We start to choose carefully who we decide to date and if we can actually see ourselves marrying and having kids with this person. In this day and at OUR age, finding someone who doesn't have kids already is REALLY hard so I wouldn't even worry about her 15year old. The great thing about dating an older person is that you can learn a lot about life and yourself. Find out how she feels about your age difference.

Love is love. There is no logic sometimes. The way you speak so highly of her says you should pursue it. Who cares about the age? Who cares about the established career? You'll get there too. You said she has an amazing personality. That's a wonderful compliment to her. Yes, looks are nice but they do fade over the years. Our personalities are what stick and even get better if we work on them. The son is a nice kid too? Can't beat that! I say go for it!

How do you know that she has an amazing personallity if theres is a language barrier? Dude you like her because she looks like Eva Mendes. If she speaks so so english how can she communicate with you effectively? I could see if you could speak spanish but you dont so therefore it wont work

Keep it casual and see where it goes. Dont write her off just because of her age now. If that was a problem than you shoud have never started talking to her. She is more mature than you are but dont let that discourage you, opposites do attract. Keep your options open and have fun but make sure you tell her how you feel and where you see things going between you. Give her an opportunity to make a decision.

Time to stop. When you understand intestine deep matters don't seem to be proper..then they are now not. When blissful isn't blissful anymore, transfer on. It will harm. But there may be anybody available in the market a good way to love you with out a video games. She's gambling video games.

ok for one lagnuage is a barrier that can be broken but they whole you getting started with your career might slow you down take your time if you like her then you like her ok dont worry and dont ever let your friends get you scared alright enjoy and have fun but dont try to be friends with the kid ok he probably needs a dad right now just offer little advice.

a relationship is only worth persuing when the other person feels the same way.