BE HONEST! What do you think about gay marriage?

Im doing a survay on gay marriage and i want to know the publics opnion. Do you think that homosexuals should be alloud to get married?.......My personal opnion is that they should be able to. I dont see why people make such a big deal about such a little thing. Ask yourself, how does two people getting married affect you? It dosent. If there in love love why shouldnt they be alloud to get married?

Favorite Answer

Unfortunately for too many a person marriage is still associated to some religious connotations.

Gay marriage is about civil rights, the rights of two persons who love each other to protect each other and give each other the very same rights of an heterosexual married couple.

Nothing more / nothing less.

There is no valid reason to deny GLBT people their civil rights to marry and enjoy the very same benefits and obligations of the laws of a married couple.

We work, we live, we breath air, we pay taxes like anyone else but as long as we are denied our full civil rights, we are made citizens of second class and are suffering unfair injustice.

By definition it is an impossibility. By definition a gay couple is two people of the same sex. The dictionary definition of "Marriage" is, "The legal union of a man and woman as husband and wife". You can't get there from here.

So just as my 65 Ford Pickup can not be a Space Shuttle, my Ceramic Tile shower enclosure can not be marble and pure Motor Oil can not be water so we must conclude a same sex union can not be a marriage.

I have no objection to a specific law allowing a gay union but, as the dictionary makes clear, it can not be a marriage.

To mention that it is a mockery of a tradition will probably fall on deaf ears. After all, The National Endowment for the Arts has provided funding for such things as a Crucifix in a jar of urine in the name of "Art". On that basis, I think there is very little left to mock so I suppose a "Gay Marriage" will not be long in coming. I just wonder if it will prevent me from marrying my dog or my motorcycle. After all, I have a love for both of them. And, if I did marry both would it be considered bigamy, polygamy or just idiotic...

I am against it. The institution of marriage is screwed up enough without throwing homosexuality into the mix.

Gay people better think twice about marriage. We are looking at opening a combination can of worms and Pandora's Box the likes of which the world has never seen. Today in the USA there are sham marriages for the sake of immigration benefits. Just think what will happen with the institution of gay marriages! Fake marriages between fake homosexuals for fraudulent immigration. It will literally be a free for all. Think about divorce, surrogate motherhood, adoption and messy custody/child support battles. It won't be pretty. Leave well enough alone.

They should. It's discrimination, not far from how we treated African-Americans until the sixties. The only hurdle is getting around the Christian fanatics who think the world will explode if Adam and Steve tie the knot. Over time there will be a greater public acceptance and surely will become legal. Don't hate on gay people, they are just the same as straight people and deserve the same rights.

• ?

Anglican leaders from international extensive have for sure reported their opposition to the "victimisation or diminishment" of gays and lesbians, asserting demonising and persecuting them grow to be "completely against Christian charity and difficulty-unfastened recommendations of pastoral care". "we are saying that no person might desire to might desire to stay in worry simply by bigotry of others." The mormons poured thousands and thousands into forcing by way of prop 8 in CA: to restrict gay marriage. In August 2010 the courtroom held that to be unconstitutional. On 15 June 2011 the San Francisco courtroom upheld that determination simply by fact it violates the constitutional rights of electorate. On 7 February 2012 the 9th Circuit courtroom of Appeals struck the California regulation back looking that the California state structure banning same-intercourse marriage violated recommendations of due technique and equivalent secure practices decrease than the regulation. The courtroom stumbled on that the ban violates equality rules to purpose a minority group and withdraw a proper that it possessed, and not using a valid rationalization for doing so. Proposition 8 serves no purpose, and has no effect, different than to shrink the status and human dignity of gays and lesbians in California. The structure in basic terms does not enable for rules of this form. that's now observing for the final courtroom verdict that's estimated to uphold the early courtroom determination. If that happens then gay marriage will grow to be felony everywhere and which would be marriage and not civil partnership! in the united kingdom The intolerance, bigotry and homophobia from Christians resulted in it being classed as a hate crime with extreme sentences. It has brought about the government framing law which if enacted will replace "Civil Partnership" with finished marriage. The loving god works in mysterious strategies. So who're you working for the devil or the antichrist simply by fact it effective ain't the loving god!

I believe that it is a good thing and don't understand why the government should interfere in the lives of two people who love each other and want to have have the same rights as straight married couples. We have a separation of church and state for a reason.

I understand that many conservatives have a problem with gay marriage and feel that homosexuality is an affront to their beliefs and the Bible. However, does the Bible also not teach to respect your neighbors and to live and let live? As far as I am concerned, I have no problem with it. As you said, it doesn't affect my life in any way, and, in this world of wars, death, and destruction, shouldn't the fact that two people were able to find love be celebrated, no matter what their sex is?

I'm all for it. I've been "married" to my Best beloved for 27 years now but would love to make it legal. Just think of all the taxes they could make and all the benefits I could get in return. I would like to have the knowledge that if either of us were sick and in the hospital that our respective families couldn't ban either of us from the hospital room. That's always been a fear of mine.

If the couple is happy, then they should be allowed to marry. It doesn't affect me no way.

I believe the state should stay out of the bedroom and let homosexuals love eachother.

• Simon

I think it should've be allowed years and years and years ago- I don't see why anyone would want to get in the way of two people- any two people- in love. But you may get some biased answers if you ask in here lol