Brits: Is it truly a small minority that believes in God over there?

What's that like?

It's the reverse here in the US. I only know one other atheist. If you say you are an atheist over here you get major attitude back at you. You might as well say you're in the KKK.

Favorite Answer

Less than 10% god botherers are on the way out over here.

Watching the Republican candidates dancing around bible questions last night is proof enough of that.

Mitt Romney's mouth stopped working at one point, when cornered on it. It's really sad.

When that question was asked, I'm sure all of them were thinking, "Okay, I can say that I am a complete idiot, and believe this bible nonsense word for word, and lose all credibility with intelligent voters... but the idiot vote is much larger... hmmmm"

Guiliani was the only one with the balls to at least say he didn't interpret the bible literally. (Something tells me he doesn't believe its nonsense any more than anyone else does, though)

That is the state of affairs here in the US, though. This country is the laughing stock of the civilized world, due to the fact that the majority of the voting public have oatmeal for brains.

Look at what our former Prime Minister had to say on the subject of religious belief

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/711162...

It's probably the one time that I agreed with him

Not a minority, but it's not uncommon not to, and to admit to it.