Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

Neeeed WoW players help!!!!?

im thinking of playing wow soon but im really confused

1.do u have to make accounts on all 3 versions of wow to play them all

2.if u just buy the 3rd version would all the features from the 1st and 2nd versions be on the 3rd

3.how long would the free trail take to download

4. when you choose r race on the game do u have to choose if u wanna b a mage ur melee etc for the whole game or can you change ur fighting choice, say i was a warrior and wanted to mage for a while could you do that.

5 if u played on the 3rd version and bought armour or somethin and then u played on the 1st version, would the thing u bought b automatically be on ur account on the other version.

6.if i start wow can i just make an account on the 3rd 1 or do i have 2 make an account on the 1st and second.

sos 4 all the questions i just want to be sure cos wow is very confusing...

wat i meen by this

1st wow

2nd wow burning crusades

3rd wow wrath of the lich king

Update:

when is the 3rd 1 common then cos i might b gettin 1 of them at cristmas and dont wanna find out that the 3rd comes out a few weeks l8r

Update 2:

so wait if u install the 1st and it has the world and stuff , and then u install the second will the 1st version world area be added onto the 2nd version area and so on ,

and what is the lvl u av to be to be able to play the 2nd and 3rd versions

Update 3:

i dunno y but i cant email so i have to put it here, when u downloads the versions can u uninstall the 1st and play the second with all the stuff cos i can barely put on 1 wow not 2 or 3

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

1. You make one account for WoW....the other 2 are expansions, which upgrades the game for your one account. You can make multiple accounts if you want but that's entirely up to you. (Note: Lich King isnt out yet)

2. You have to buy the actual World of Warcraft game first, you cannot install Burning Crusade without having the original game installed as it is just an expansion.

3. Downloads are based on your connection speed.

4. Once you pick your race and character, that's the one you will level up...If you decide to change classes or races in the middle (ie. warrior to mage or undead to tauren) you must make a new character, you cannot change a character in the middle of its progression. (Note: you cannot have a Horde and Alliance character on the same server on one account).

5. The game is basically just one version, what you buy is what you have, if you have the latest expansion installed, when you log into WoW its always the latest version, you cannot go backwards unless you uninstall it.

6. Again you only have to make one account as it is just one game. Multiple accounts are for if you want separate characters on separate accounts for the sake of selling or to have a character on each faction in the same server.

Any other questions just let me know...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

1.do u have to make accounts on all 3 versions of wow to play them all

No - one account for all characters you make, and these characters can travel through all of the places in each expansion. One of your wow characters from the original game can be used in the burning crusade land.

2.if u just buy the 3rd version would all the features from the 1st and 2nd versions be on the 3rd

No, you must have the 1st and 2nd to buy the 3rd, but it isn't actually available yet to buy. So for you get the original.

3.how long would the free trail take to download

Depends on internet speed, but can take ages. I would borrow someone's disks, or just get the game (it can cost as little as £7.00, and you get a free month)

4. when you choose r race on the game do u have to choose if u wanna b a mage ur melee etc for the whole game or can you change ur fighting choice, say i was a warrior and wanted to mage for a while could you do that.

You have to stick with your race and class throughout the game. By the way, race = what you look like and horde/alliance. Class = what fighting style and armour you use.

5 if u played on the 3rd version and bought armour or somethin and then u played on the 1st version, would the thing u bought b automatically be on ur account on the other version.

Your characters can travel between the expansion world worlds, but this would probably be by boat, or the dark portal. The games are linked together (the expansion world is added to the original map).

6.if i start wow can i just make an account on the 3rd 1 or do i have 2 make an account on the 1st and second.

You must start with the first, then the second, then third. However, you would want to do this anyway, as with each expansion you need to be a higher level.

Hope i helped :-D

• 1 decade ago

Okay, first you make just one account and if you have purchased all three you can play all three with one account and in all three realms, if not you play in the realm or realms you purchased. Next the download takes as long as it takes, it is all about your connection speed and so forth. When you choose your race and class you are stuck with them, there is no changing in the middle, however there is no limit to the number of characters that you can have. Last, anything your character has stays with that character in every realm so if you start with Burning Crusade then add the original or what not you will still have all of your gear.

• 1 decade ago

For one thing, Wrath of the Lich King isn't even out yet. You only make characters on one "version". Burning Crusade isn't a seperate game. Its just kinda like an update for the original.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jen M
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Okay Joe -

First we don't have to worry about Wrath (WoLK) as it comes out next fall.

So, I will answer your questions in order-

1 - When I started WoW, I just bought the first one to see if I would like it (I could get it cheap) so I made a character for that one. With the first one only there are places that are Burning Crusades (BC) that you can't go and 2 races you can't play. When I upgraded to BC they just upgraded my entire account...all my characters can now go to BC places and I just pay my monthly fee accordingly. You don't have to pay for each expansion, they just upgrade your account as having that expansion.

2 - BC and WoLK are expansions, you have to have the base game first, that is why they sometimes sell the WoW battle chest that has both in it. Have you played The Sims or Sims 2...if you have the expansions are like that...you have the base game and each expansion adds features and you just go where you want to, but WoW still is more seamless than sims...once you have WoW and BC you will not notice going from one to the other.

3 - I have found WoW upgrades and patches to be slow to download. So, I don't know how long the free trial would take to download (do you have friends who play?...if you do ask them to let you borrow their disks, and they may have a trial key for you, it will be faster that way) I would download late at night when less people are off the servers. Also, if you buy the disks...then keep in mind that you will load the disks...and then you will have abour 4 patches to download and this will take an hour or two...do budget time accordingly.

4 - You can have more than one character on WoW...but, once your class is chosen than that character cannot change. I believe the rule is that you can have like 10 characters per server and they are about 50 servers. Part of the reason for this is that your character will grow in power and skill as you go up in levels. There are things that you can choose in the game and then change later like professions (which are different than classes) Also, there are some classes that kind of combine magic and melee...and really even a mage has a weapon that they can use in melee rounds and such. You might want to consider Druid or Hunter classes.

5 - Because the versions are expansions...there is no playing on the 3rd version and then going back to the 1st version. If you don't have the 3rd version then there will be places you can't visit but, if you have all three versions then you will have all the first version places to visit as well as all of the third version places to visit.

6 - Again...I think you are confusing yourself by overthinking things. Your WoW account is your account and then when you upgrade they make a note that you have upgraded but, you don't have more than one account unelss you have a reason to have more than one account. For instance, every player in your household has to have their own account...so if you have a brother or sister, roommate or spouse that wants to play then they have to get their own account.

Hope that helps, feel free to e-mail me if you are still confused.

Oh, PS...when they talk about realms...realms = server so if you have friends who play make sure you ask them what realm they are in and make your character in the same realm if you want to be able to play with them.

WoW's website is really good and may help to answer additional questions and you can read about all the races, classes and professions there.

As for the exact release date for WoLK...2008 is all I have heard but, keep going back to their official website for more info.

Dude, you are thinking about this too hard. You get the base game...and then the expansion adds new places onto it. You can technically go anywhere in the world at any level...doesn't mean you will survive it but, you can (I have shepherded first level characters through level 28 areas). Now BC adds new races to the game so there are some first level areas with BC namely Azuremyst Isle and BloodMyst Isle...these are the first level areas for the Dranei race. You are thinking and worrying about it so much that you are confusing yourself. Get the base game and keep in mind there will be areas that you can't go, but...you won't be in a position to find them initially because you will be in your races first level area, as you gain in power there will be places that will be 'off limits' and the game will let you know where. If you like the game then you will probably get the expansion anyway and then you won't have to worry about it. Or just get the base and expansioin from the get go and you woun't have to worry about it until Wrath comes out, by then it should be more clear how it all works. Think of it as, race one starts out in the USA...the base game carries with it all of north america and south america and europe..then the expansion comes in and expands the game and gives you say...Africa...now expansion 3 comes out and expands the game some more and gives you Asia.

the expansion expands everything, so if stuff for exsisting places are included it overwrites...just make sure your computer meets the requirements on the latest expansion and you should be okay.

Source(s): www.worldofwarcraft.com
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.