How do I register for a small farm in upstate New York?

1 Answer

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I don't understand your question. What would you register for or who would you register with? Unless upstate NY is different from the rest of America, you would just buy the farm and start farming. If you are talking about becoming a certified organic farmer, then you will have to be certified by the USDA. There are several government programs that you would need to register for if you want to participate in them, but it is not required that you participate. I would suggest that you consult with your County Extension Agent to clear up any questions you may have about this. Good Luck.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.