Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

I need to lose 15-20 lbs. I exercise, just make bad food choices. Would nutrisystem work for losing those lbs?

I'm really wanting to lose some weight by Christmas but don't know what foods will help me lose. I know I won't be able to lose the full 15-20 lbs I'd like to lose by Christmas but I'd like to lose as much as possible, even if it's just 5 pounds. Like I mentioned above, I make bad food choices & that's my downfall. In the past, I tried losing weight by eating salads for lunch and/or dinner but I actually gained weight instead of losing. I also tried going vegetrarian for a few months. I exercise at least 3 times a week, sometimes 4 times a week if I have time for 30 minutes a day ( I either walk on my treadmill or do Turbo Jam). But my problem is trying to find foods that are healthy for me and will make me lose weight. I don't have a whole lot of time to cook so I was thinking of maybe trying Nutrisystem. Marie Osmond lost 30 pounds by doing dancing with the stars & she said in an interview that she's been doing nutrisystem too. I'm 29 yrs. old, 5 foot 4 & weigh 160 lbs :(

Favorite Answer

Nutrisystem would probably work for you. You could do the same thing on your own as well. There are countless frozen food entrees at the stores that that taste very good" Lean Cuisine, Weight Watchers, Healthy choice etc.

Eat a healthy breakfast: Oatmeal, fruit, coffee or yogurt with a piece of fresh fruit

Eat a healthy lunch frozen entree of your choice and small salad with a tablespoon of low fat dressing

Snack: Reduced fat/sugar pudding with a tablespoon of low fat whipped topping

Eat a healthy supper::.same as lunch

You can also have an evening snack of low fat yogurt with splenda.

Studies have shown that eating dairy can help in your weight loss goals.

That is all there is to it. Take a multivitamin and drinks at least 8 glasses of water per day.

Walk thirty minutes per day and the weight will come off.

There is not need in paying a company to make your food choices when you can go to the store and pick out what appeals to you from the frozen foods, fruit and vegetables, and dairy aisle.

I've tried many diets and couldn't make anything work. Since having my first child, I've been carrying around an extra 30 pounds. This diet just made sense and showed me that everything I was doing before was wrong and a waste of my time.

The plan was so refreshing and so simple to follow. I did everything plan said and lost 23 pounds in the first three weeks. I'm now starting the diet again to lose 7 more pounds. This plan has changed my life.

Get started today!

Marie was dancing for hours every day. Nutrisystem was surely a help, but mainly it was the added exercise. You need to do something vigorous for an hour a day, 5 days a week. That sounds like a lot, but it's really the only way to jump start your metabolism.

Source(s): I ran 6 marathons. I like to eat. I would lose a little weight running, but once I got to the point I was running an hour a day, then the weight really started to come off.

Hi,

I'm trying to lose weight too.

Find out how many calories you need

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculato...

Then on that site it shows how much your need for extreme weight loss, maybe cut 200 claories of that.

My advice is too keep active, and eat 6 meals a deal, say have a nice carb filled breakfeast an apple in between breakfeast and lunch, for lunch have a salad with some chicken. Then have a little sandwich between lunch and dinner and have a low fat dinner.

Keepa ctive avoid fat and salt, keep to protein and carbs. Drink alot, excersise whenever ou can.

goodl

You can try it for the short term, but it's expensive. Especially if you still have to buy other food and cook for your family?

Once you go off the plan, or go out to eat etc, you will gain the weight back.

Try to eat regular healthy meals, with smaller portions than usual. DONT just eat salad, it makes you hungrier and you eat junk. Keep a lot of fruit around and munch on that when you're hungry.

Good luck.

Go on a liquid diet only. I lost 13 lbs in 2 weeks.

eat more throughout the day

pump up your routine