Why do people have to be "Pure" to be White?

Why is it that no other race has these ridiculous purity standards? It is my right to identify as white. I believe certain groups want to racially kidnap people and make them feel guilty for identifying with what they are. Why is it that no other race has these so called purity standards?

Favorite Answer

You can identify yourself any way you want. But usually if you're part non-European you're grouped in with the non-European part of your heritage.

We are nothing more than people and if we are breathing and living in this messed up "nation of ignorance" then we are alive and the best way to survive this place is to first realize that nobody is "pure". For god's sake its 2007 and right around the corner it will be 2008 and we need to stop this racial profiling crap and just live LIFE, its hard enough just living, why must we make things more difficult??? I am so fed up with this crap its not even funny. Who cares about "purity" its nothing more than a word, be who you are, thats all that matters.

~~Melissa

If you are noticabley black or any other race, then you are not white. To be white you have to mostly look like a white person. If you are dark and go around saying your white then you come off as a wannabe or embarrased of your background. And your wrong because asians have very high purity standards.

categorizing race is so ridiculous. Can you believe I am "white" with all german ancestors but by definition I am not considered caucasion???? I fill out paperwork and what am I expected to check- caucasion! Simply because taht is the closest available.

My hubby is mixed scottish, spanish & dutch, but both he and my daughter are still listed as "White"... What is going on in the world? Are they just supposed to ignore the fact that one whole side of the family isn't white just to make paperwork easier?

Another question, why are white people all grouped together in 1 category even with so many different cultures and countries making up the white population???? It just seems sometimes that everyone gets acknowledged for there diversity in the world-unless you are "white"...

Did I get off-topic?

I've heard some of my friends being told that they are not Black because they have a white grandmother. It is not just whites.

Some people believe this, some do not. It's called the one drop rule.

nobody is pure, the ones who think they are are ignorant. How about that for a new race of people? Black, White, Hispanic or Ignorant.

Good point. You can self-identify however you want. I don't think you have to be PURE to be white, because guess what?

There are HARDLY ANY pure white people on this earth. Most White Americans are at least 5% African or Native American, but they're too proud/ignorant to realize it. If they all had their DNA analyzed they'd be in for a shock.

Troll

all races are mixed with something, no one race is PURE anything

You are Aryan