What has been the big surprise of the season so far..............?

e.g.

How badly Sam Allardyce and Newcastle have performed.

How well Arsenal have performed.........totally unexpected.

Your choice ?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • mac
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

how well erikson is doing over on the blue side

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

How badly Sam Allardyce and Newcastle have performed have been absolutely shocking.I'm still appalled at how Newcastle can lose by 3 goals at home to Portsmouth and Liverpool.Still,Sam Allardyce can bring Newcastle to Europe at the end of this season.Second how poorly Tottenham have been performing despite having spent $120 million on new players.Tottenham are scoring enough goals to escape from the relegation zone but their dfence is so horrible that they are where they should not be this season.Still I trust Juande Ramos to bring Tottenham back to the top half of the table. Third how on earth Bolton could beat Man United.The worst referee officiated the game,but Tevez's fatigue,Vidic's injuries,Ronaldo's Euro 2008 qualifying exertions and Bolton's ultra-defensive tactics,which irritated me a lot, proved to be the deciding factors.Still Man United,the best team in the world,will bounce back from this defeat.

Source(s): Glory glory Man United!!!
  • 1 decade ago

biggest surprise:

how well arsenal are doing.

other big surprises:

1) how well man city started the season.

2) benjani.

3) how well chelsea are playing (and scoring more goals than ever) after jose left.

4) how well aston villa's youngsters are playing.

not surprises:

1) how well portsmouth are doing. they've had class for a few years

2) how poorly tottenham are playing. they're scoring enough goals to be top of the table, but their defense (which they did NOTHING to reinforce over the summer except for a few young signings) is as horrible as ever.

3) newcastle. same as above, horrible defense.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The biggest suprise has been the dodgy start that Spurs had. They were widely touted as the team to break the top 4. I never expected Arsenal to start so well especially after Henry left but fair play to them. Pompey & Man City have also suprised me at how well they have started but again great to see!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Man city

• ? !
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

How well the youngsters at Barca are doing. Bojan starting a Champions League match! Who would have thought it!

• 1 decade ago

Without a doubt that has to be the succes of Sven at the Eastlands. great job I hope they continue to do well.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

england failing to qualify for euro 2008 a shocking surprise

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

How well Man city have performed

How awful tottenham have started... I'm heartbroken

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Liverpool haven't lost in the league till date.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.