Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureCultures & GroupsSenior Citizens · 1 decade ago

do you remember the man at the seafood counter who.....?

A customer at Green's Gourmet Grocery marveled at the proprietor's quick wit and intelligence. "Tell me, Green, what makes you so smart?"

"I wouldn't share my secret with just anyone," Green replies, lowering his voice so the other shoppers won't hear. "But since you're a good and faithful customer, I'll let you in on it. Fish heads. You eat enough of them, you'll be positively brilliant."

"You sell them here?" the customer asks.

"Only $5 each," says Green.

The customer buys three. A week later, he's back in the store complaining that the fish heads were disgusting and he isn't any smarter.

"You didn't eat enough," says Green. The customer goes home with 20 more fish heads. Two weeks later, he's back and this time he's really angry.

"Hey, Green," he says, "You're selling me fish heads for $5 apiece when I can buy the whole fish for $3. You're ripping me off!"

"You see?" says Green. "You're smarter already."

Favorite Answer

I sure would like to know where you get these all the time. I have printed so many off and show them to friends . every week the guys who drive the budweiser truck delivering next door to my work place come in for a sandwich and to read them. thank you

• Snoot

offered me a Humpback whale. Then he asked, "Whole or half?' Shoot, I'll take the whole, it's cheaper." We packed the sucker, loaded in the flat bed, and off I went. I like my fish story, do you?

Don't remember the fishmonger but once knew a butcher like that.

• Eve

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Chuckles!!

Don't know if they're more effective or tasty than "smart berries" (giggle and snort)

Eve T took my answer!

IN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION:

No I do not remember the man in the fish market!

HOWEVER: thanks again! Very cute!

very interesting lol

Nice one!!!! lol