36 Weeks Prego and Sick, I have a bad cold and my throat hurts really bad.. What can i take that is safe over?

the counter?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

ask your doctor but taking medication should be OK

• 1 decade ago

I may be old school, but I would not risk any medications, even over the counter. For your throat, try hot tea with honey and have some chicken noodle soup for your cold. You may just need to stick it out. I would call your dr if that doesn't help, but believe it or not these ideas really do work most of the time.

• 1 decade ago

Safe over the counter meds are Tylenol and Sudafed. However, you MUST see a doctor and get checked for strep which is very dangerous to you and your unborn child especially so close to delivery. I had strep during my first pregnancy and was perscribed safe antibiotics and tylenol-3 for the pain. During pregnancy the strep virus can affect not only your throat but also your cervical area which is very dangerous to your child. Strange but true!!!

Source(s): Experience
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Now that you are going to have to ask your doctor. Because every women and pregnancy is differant. The only for sure thing i know is tylenol other than that nothing is safe without your docs approval! Just call the office and talk to the nurse, she has your chart right their in front of her when she talks to you. She will either 1 tell you to come in or 2 tell you what is ok to take. HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I'm pregnant too, my doc says PLAIN sudafed (you'll have to ask for it because they keep it behind the pharmacy counter) for stuffy nose/head, etc. And for chest colds Robitussen. Throat lozenges are fine, and regular tylenol (acetaminophen) for aches & pains.

• 1 decade ago

Call a nurse or your doctor/midwife. They have a current list of what is safe and what isn't. There are natural remedies that could work too but should also consult the doctor or nurse about those.

• 1 decade ago

I took Tylenol Cold with all 3 of my pregnancies. I would also ask your pharmacist, or you can call a nurse at your doctor's office!

• 1 decade ago

Sudafed and Tylenol are about it. You should probably see your OB about it and perhaps get on an antibiotic because you're pretty close to delivery and you want to be feeling your best. Good LUck!!

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Pregnancy safe OTC medications:

Tylenol for pain and fever

Robitussin for cough

Sudafed for congestion

Benadryll for runny nose and sneezing

Source(s): Nurse and Mother
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i would honestly see the doctor.............i had the same thing about a week ago it turned out to be a bad throat infection. you may need antibiotics

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.