who is wrong, Me or Her?

we've been dating for almost three years, she gets fixated on other women,, ANY girl under lets say 30 years old is a potential "threat". I have never cheated or attempted to cheat, been faithful and devoted. there is a girl whom i still talk to very rarely who used to be a friend, not so much anymore, nothing more than a "hi" and "bye" kind of thing. we used to be friends though, and like all young teenage friends (late teens), kiss hello and goodbye on the cheek. apparently that was something that i was supposed to disclose, for some reason she asked me that after 3 years of dating wheather I've ever kissed her on the cheek, i said yes and she went nuts. and ive never kissed anyone even on the cheek while with her. and she wants to break up because of it. so guys and girls... what do you think. am i to blame?

Favorite Answer

So you have been with her for three years and you never noticed that she is CCCRRRAAAZZZYYY!!??

Maybe you like her drama because you have encouraged it by not putting a stop to it a long time ago.

In which case, this is both your fault.

Well, I think she is overreacting based upon what you've said. But a couple things to consider--has this girl ever said or done anything to make your girlfriend feel uncomfortable? Are you a flirt when you're around this girl? You may need to cool off your friendship with the girl a little bit, if you want to keep your girlfriend.

As for your girlfriend, has she been cheated on in the past? Did her dad cheat on her mom? Have you cheated on another girlfriend? There has to be some reason for her lack of trust in you--it may not just be in you, it could be in all guys.

You should get to the bottom of this. And some flowers are probably in order. Just show her your feelings and devotion to her.

In a way Im kinda the same way as her. My now husband and I were together for 3 months, I wouldnt have sex with him, so he cheated on me with his ex. She is a slut anyways, but um, we broke up and after a month of us not together he realized that there is more to a person than just sex. Now because that happened if he sees a girl and looks at her or says hi I get pissed! Most women are jealous of other women, btw Im only 19, so its not a granny point of view. We do see most other girls as a threat. Its just a girl thing I guess. And sometimes you just have to overlook it. But I dont think its worth breaking up over if yall are in love. 3 yrs is a lot to throw away.

I would ask her why after 3 yrs she is getting all insecure. Is she sensing you pulling away? Are you? Or, is she looking for an excuse to break up?

If not, she does need to examine what's going on with her.......I personally believe that we should, ahem, be allowed good friends of the opposite sex, for heaven's sake. Plus, greetings should be loving and kind, the world need more LOVE! Nothing wrong with cheek kissing...... Do not buy into her control/trust issues.

After 3 yrs trust should well be established......but talk to each other!

Good luck!

It sounds like she is a very insecure person. Kissing someone on the cheek is almost the same as a hand shake. If she wants to break up because of this then let her.

i think she is just jealous of the fact that you still be "friends" with your friend. however, she is acting like a drama queen. Her reaction to your petty past is way overreacting. If she loves you and trusts you the way she supposes to then she will know that you are 100% into her not the other friend. your past and hers should be under the bridge, so to speak! Tell her that if she wants to break up then maybe she doesnt loves you the way you deserve to be love. Whats past is in the past there nothing you and her can do about it. Its not even like you cheated on her.

Ask her to put some faith into the relationship, throwing in some of her trust, and some of her understanding.

Now you know why Bill Clinton seemed to "forget" so much under oath...he wasn't afraid of the republicans, he knew his WIFE would kill him.

Rule # 1 - Never admit ANYTHING no matter how long ago it was...you will always suffer for it. If not today, then 10-15 years ago when she'll drag it out of the closet, dust it off and wave it in your face.

Rule # 2 - Women are always jealous. Get used to it.

So..you're wrong for even getting into this mess when you should've known better and she's right because she's only acting according to her nature.

Now you know why men drink beer until they pass out...

You definately aren't wrong. You have been faithful and that is all that matters. I'd sit down and see if there is something more to it that is making he so insecure. Ifnot and she really wants to leave you over it, well it may be best to let her walk away. If she hasn't figured out the type of person you are after 3 years chances are she never will. Good luck!

you need to talk to her and ask her what she feels, make sure that you don't interrupt her cause than she make get the feeling that your not hearing her.once you find out what she is feeling than you will be able to see if she has any old insecurities about this kind of issue and if she does than let her know that you are there because you love her and that if you did not have feelings for her than you would not be trying to fix it. Never start the converstion with you .....it will more than likely piss her off so use I alot....Make sure that you tell her that you wanna work this out and not let this blow over. you may soon find that there is more to the story than she is telling you.

I think you need to kiss her on the cheek ... to say goodbye. This girl has got some serious jealousy issues that she needs to work out before having anything serious. Kudo's to you for putting up with it for so long.

A kiss on the cheek is nothing. You kiss your grandma on the cheek. Your g/f sounds a bit psycho.