Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Here's a Gospel song I writ. Do you like the words?

God gave hands

to the fisherman

To cast nets

‘or blue water

To bring forth

the bounty

That his arms

left within

God gave eyes

to the wanderer

To tell beauty

from darkness

To seek out

the garden

only his eyes

comprehend

God gave heart

to the poet

So verses

would flow

And tell of

the glory

In his heart

In his soul

And God gave us

each other

So we’d

stand together

Knowing

the future

By his will

Published 20 years ago.

Favorite Answer

I expected to hate it, but was pleasantly surprised. Good stuff. Good stuff indeed! :)

The Civil conflict replace into approximately northern manufacturers not desirous to pay import taxes on Southern uncooked supplies and Southern plantation vendors wanting extra suitable wealth from the cheap hard paintings of their slaves. Songs like the conflict Hymn (fantastically written like quite a few propaganda) have been created to motivate the troops with some thing they might get at the back of. the genuine motivations does not have garnered lots help. "there's a succor born each and every minute" Treaty of Tripoli June 10, 1797. paintings. 11. because of the fact the government of the rustic isn't, in any experience, based on the Christian faith; because it has in itself no character of enmity against the guidelines, faith, or tranquility, of Mussulmen; and, because of the fact the reported States in no way entered into any conflict, or act of hostility against any Mahometan usa, that's asserted by using the events, that no pretext springing up from non secular reviews, shall ever produce an interruption of the solidarity modern-day between the two worldwide locations. chuffed INDEPENDENCE DAY enable's paintings to maintain our usa loose.

The lyrics are beautiful!

One suggestion, though, and as one other responder said, do get the lyrics copyrighted or something. You never know when sombody might steal your work and try to pass it off as their own. A pity, but it can happen.

Please let me be one to encourage you to keep up the good work. We are going to need more songs of praise as time goes on and you are definitely on a good start. My prayer is that the Lord would bless you and continue to provide you with good songs for the brothers and sisters!

I'm not really into Gospel songs....but you made me like yours. and since i'm really into Poetry, i really love and appreciate these particular lines:

God gave heart

to the poet

So verses

would flow

And tell of

the glory

In his heart

In his soul

--->Thanks for writing that and sharing it with all of us, the so-called "poets". It's really meaningful. =)

i would be extremely careful about posting the lyrics to a song you have written unless you have it copyrighted. What you have done is just open the door for anyone who wants to use the lyrics and copyright them for personal gain. You should take your question down.

Source(s): I'm a song writer, and I wouldn't do it. PS-I admire your enthusiasm about the lord, however from a songwriter's perspective, I think I could offer some very helpful critiques if you would like to hear them. email me if so.
  • 2

You need a verse about ears. Something like:

God gave ears

to Job

So he could hear

God's rage

Not bad. Way to praise the Lord!

thats awsome it would be awsome if you had like a praise band to make music for it and sing it at all of youth rallies and stuff like that i wrote a song and i am the singer for our praise band and they made music for it now it is our fav song

Yes!