What should i add to my diet? im kinda in a rut with thhe whole healthy food thing?

every morning i have a kashi honey-almond and flax seed bar and 2 cups of coffee with skim milk and equal (i NEED my coffee) then for lunch i have sushi (usually tuna or salmon) then for dinner i have a garden salad with grilled chicken and light italian dressing. i drink alot of water and gatorade..my dad doesnt... show more every morning i have a kashi honey-almond and flax seed bar and 2 cups of coffee with skim milk and equal (i NEED my coffee) then for lunch i have sushi (usually tuna or salmon) then for dinner i have a garden salad with grilled chicken and light italian dressing. i drink alot of water and gatorade..my dad doesnt think thats a sensible diet. im 22 and work 2 jobs plus go to college full time so im always busy. he thinks i need more with the schedule i have (class 7-12:15, work 1-8:30, gym after work) any suggestions?
Update: yes im trying to lose weight..for some reason after i stopped partying too much aka drinking all the time, smoking pot and chainsmoking packs of cigarettes at a time i managed to gain weight..not sure how that happened but i dont like it and the weight needs to go ASAP!!