New cat owner. Need advice and the such.?

My first pet ever, love him to death. Im new to the pet thing so please, forgive the newbiness of the questions. Hes 10 months old VERY hyper biting almost everything he can get his paws on. How long does this "teething" last? Is it something cats even go through? Anything to keep him from... show more My first pet ever, love him to death.

Im new to the pet thing so please, forgive the newbiness of the questions.

Hes 10 months old VERY hyper biting almost everything he can get his paws on.

How long does this "teething" last?
Is it something cats even go through?
Anything to keep him from biting through cords? (allready bit through two, one of which was a lamp (thank god it was not plugged in))

My mom had said something about bringing him to the vet before he starts "spraying" around the house? Im guessing this means when he wants to get it on with a female cat?

And is declawing cats frowned upon among cat owners?
I have no prob with cutting his nails when he sleeps. And hes not messing up the couches. Just asking in case the parents want it done. Thankyou in advance.

And if its any help I am 17. And he is domesticated.
Update: Oh no no no, I didnt mean like cutting his claws I meant like, I trim them if they get to sharp, and if hes been like clawing at stuff he shouldnt be.
Update 2: Thank you all for your advice so far. Keep it comin >_<
Update 3: Im dumb, I didnt realize a mistake of mine. He nowhere near 10 months old. When I got him, he was like 8 weeks old. This was in late September. Sorry, its 1:30 am, im slow at night.