Has anyone ever taken stitches out at home? My daughter has 3 stitches and I want to take them out myself.?

Update: Just wanted to add that, no, I am not a doctor, but I feel that doctors are often overused and overtrusted. There are many good doctors, and there are also many doctors that will insist on having things done that are unnecessary and sometimes unhealthy (i.e. medications, etc.). I would just assume do what I am... show more Just wanted to add that, no, I am not a doctor, but I feel that doctors are often overused and overtrusted. There are many good doctors, and there are also many doctors that will insist on having things done that are unnecessary and sometimes unhealthy (i.e. medications, etc.). I would just assume do what I am able to do at home. I am not saying that doctors are useless, because I do believe that they can be useful, just often overused.
Update 2: Thanks everyone. I was wondering what I could use in place of suture removal forceps, but tweezers sound like a perfect replacement. I appreciate all of your advice. And to all of you who believe that you need to call a doctor for every single little thing: this is not because you are being intelligent, but... show more Thanks everyone. I was wondering what I could use in place of suture removal forceps, but tweezers sound like a perfect replacement. I appreciate all of your advice. And to all of you who believe that you need to call a doctor for every single little thing: this is not because you are being intelligent, but because you are being ignorant. Email me if you want to know why...samsamlenandeb@yahoo.com
Update 3: Just to update everyone: I took the stitches out today (7 days after they were put in) and it was really very simple. Her cut has healed very nicely and she did very well while I was removing them. For those of you who think that I am ignorant for believing that I was capable of doing this, I'm sorry you... show more Just to update everyone: I took the stitches out today (7 days after they were put in) and it was really very simple. Her cut has healed very nicely and she did very well while I was removing them. For those of you who think that I am ignorant for believing that I was capable of doing this, I'm sorry you feel that way. Just because I am not a doctor does not mean that I am an idiot. Sadly I feel that you are the ignorant ones if you feel that a degree says anything about a person's ability or intelligence. I really hope that you will do your own research instead of trusting information from a single source (i.e. school teachers, doctors, nurses, etc.) God bless!