What do you think of the baby name Richard?

My husband is stuck on the name Richard for a baby(its his middle name)... What is a good middle name? I like Riley, but im not sure that fits together? Thanks for your opinion :)

Yes like the name dick..... I dont really like the name either, but im trying to because its what the hubby wants. Im going to try to talk him into agreeing on a different name.

Favorite Answer

Richard is a nice classic name while Riley is more of a contemporary one. Put together they kind of clash, kind of like pairing brown showes with black hose. On the other hand usually the only referrence a person needs to their middle name is the initial (you know for filling out records and stuff). So if you really like the name Riley and your husband likes the name Richard, Richard Riley might not be such a bad compromise!

This seems easy enough just make it the babie's middle name like your hubby. No kid should be put through being called Dick or any other derivitive of Richard. I love the name Rick or Ricky so maybe if your husband just insists start calling him Ricky or whatever you want him to be called from the start. There are a lot of other names I like a lot better but I can appreciate the name Richard for it's historical presence and your husband's wish to have part of his name live on.

I like the name Richard. It's strong and classic. People won't have a problem spelling or pronouncing it. Just call him Rich or Richard, not Dick. Maybe your husband will go along with making the baby's middle name Richard? That's what my husband and I are doing, we're giving the baby my husband's middle name as his middle name.

Richard Douglas

Richard Allen

Richard James

Richard Nathan

Richard Michael

Richard Riley, I do not like together

I think Ricky is cute for a boy, and he could use Rick when he is older

Richard Michael

Richard David

Richard Bryant

Richard Dillon

Richard Cameron

Richard Zayden

Richard Christian

Richard Peyton

How about Richard for the middle

Or his first name as the middle. My friend son is name that way, he tells everyone, he has the same name as his father, but backward

My husband middle name go bact to his great grandfater, if we had a son, his middle name would of been the same

I was in love with a man named Richard. I like the name.

If you stick to calling him Richard or Rich or Rick that is good.

Compermise with hubby and use the name Richard as a middle name

Kayton Richard

Jared Richard

Owen Richard

and so on.

• Richard is a great name

and there is nothing wrong with Ricky or Dick as a nickname

MATURE people let it be and don't have their minds in the gutter ..so to speak

Richard Riley sounds very nice together as does

Richard Thomas

Richard Adam

Richard James

• ad

I think Richard would be a good middle name. Carry on the tradition that way. What does your husband's first name start with? Maybe you could find a name that starts with that same letter. Good luck!

Can you talk him into Richard as the middle name? I've had a conversation recently with a few friends and we all agreed it's an awful name with bad deritives- Rick, Rich, Dick...

My name is Richard. I like it. Psychological studies have shown that people are predisposed to like people with the name Richard more than many other names. I would not use another "R" name for a middle name, though. Sounds a bit funny.

Rick, Ricky, Rich are more common nicknames for Richard. No one calls me Dick and no one will call your child that, either, unless it is your choice.

i like the name Richard as it was my oldest brothers middle name too!!! his was Jack Richard.i will try to help----

RICHARD WALLACE

RICHARD DUNCAN

RICHARD MATTHEW

RICHARD RYAN

RICHARD CALLAHAN

RICHARD CYRUS

RICHARD GRANT

RICHARD MONROE

RICHARD GAVIN

RICHARD NELSON

i hope i helped , i would stay away from Riley cause so many people are using it as a girls name now,i really do not like it for a boy or even a girl but that is only my opinion!good luck!