this is weird...calling all TRUE patriots fans.?

yeah, im a steelers fan, but i just answered a question by some jabroni called Patriots Rule!

CLEARLY he is a bandwagon fan.

i dont like the patriots; quite frankly they are my least favorite team in all of sports. their fans, i respect, provided they are true fans. for example, Darth Brady is a true fan, and he knows about the Patriots. "Patriots Rule!" is a bandwagon fan, and im tired of bandwagon fans asking why everyone is jealous of their team of the week.

do any pats fans, or fans in general, have thoughts on this?

i know that its inevitable but quite frankly it pisses me off.

...

poopykins i may just give you the best answer cus it made me laugh for alot of reasons.

the only person im calling out is "Patriots Rule!"

i dont care how long youve had season tickets, where you live, or how much you say you love your team

i just want to know what you think about those fans out there who clearly dont have a snowball's chance in hell at actually knowing what they are talking about.

...and yes, that was a really awkward sentence. you get the idea though.

Best Answer

That is exactly why I said "I don't claim this one." Ever since the Philly game I have counted 21 new Patriot fans on at different times.

I've been a Pats fan since the mid 80's. I agree that I have never seen as many band wagoners as I have in the past couple of years and this year seems to be the worst yet. I guess some people just jump wherever they want, but why they seem to so vehemently argue for them is beyond me.

I do give credit to other teams (Colts/Manning) when the question is just, and I do not bash other teams. Doing that seems immature and besides as been said many times on any given Sunday any team can beat the other!

Yes the Pats are having a great year, but realistically in this day of the NFL, you are only as good as last Sunday's game.

I am a Brady fan because of his abilities but really a Pats fan but a Redskins fan & Steeler fan for the past 7 years. My girlfriend is from Pa & she converted me. I am a fan of of 2 teams but a fan of many players, Brady, Manning(both) Favre, Romo, Rivers to name a few. I don't cheer them on when they play the Skins though. There are bandwagon fans in all sports & everybody knows it. The true Pats fans know who they are & they are loyal & true to their team. A bandwagon fan is easy to spot.

Every team has fans like this. Nothing new. I have watched the Patriots since I was a kid. I loved them when they couldn't win 5 games and still love them.

There are two sides to this issue though. That is the fact that people call Patriots fans "bandwagon" fans before they even ask. It is because they are winning.

Truth is it is partial jealousy. Fans of other teams love to bash the winning teams. Why else would they care? Why would this issue even come up?

A real fan knows there team and knows what they are capable of, they dont have to broadcast it. A bandwagon is just that. They cheer for the best team at that time.

I dont think the Steelers are going to beat the Pats, as much as I would love to see it. With the way they played against the worst team in the NFL, then they dont have a chance. Im looking forward to tomorrows game. : )

Source(s): been bleeding blue and silver since birth, it scared the doctors a bit too.
  • Gena

I really don't know the answer to this, but seriously those people are annoying enough without having an entire post dedicated to them.

What I am wondering though is... in order to be a Top Contributor, do you have to Yahoo Answer for a living?

Uauuuuuu

i am a Steelers fan and i cant wait til they play the Pats this year and hopefully we will be the team that gives the Pats their first lose of the season and it wouldnt matter if that would be their only loss of the season, but i just want to see the steelers to beat them or infact any team in the NFL beat the Pats.

season tickets since 94...i also have a tattoo of the patriots logo on my arm..ya dont call me a bandwaggon fan

if steelers ever go on a run again, like the one that pats are on now, just wait and see how many steelers "fans" come out of the woodwork. in every sport, every year, the top team's fans annoy the other fans. deal with it.